Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 30-11-2007 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
well im still working on it..., i think its the environment that might get this scene to work.., and some organic modelling

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 17 30-11-2007 , 04:28 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
hmm, thats kinda weird... if you turned it over it would look like a jet propelled Surf board. :attn:

So, these are just concept models?

If so what are you aiming for?

Nice work.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 18 30-11-2007 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber
a jet propelled surf board...!!! of course!! its a bit of a joke as usual..,

but its not for the sea.., for racing through hills and valleys.., thats why the environment is important.., depends how much time is left in the comp.., i have to work up the steam again to work in maya.., because after uni.., im looking for work ($$$) and pretty tired of computers.., they have near ruined my eyes

Muser added image good guess mate! user added image

nothing too serious happening here.., just got the PC working 3 odd days ago and im still sorting out a lot of stuff both in the computer and out of it.

your avatar is interesting

# 19 01-12-2007 , 08:13 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
I was just joking about the Surf board user added image

As for my Avatar it's Hannibal Lector.

Now as for your avatar...... I'll guess Forbidden planet user added image

I may be young, but i like to indulge in the occasional 50s sci Fi movie.

Anyhow, looking forward to see how this turns out.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 20 01-12-2007 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
dont know mate, im freaking out, i feel rusty and its making me feel reluctant to use maya.., even with this wiz bang new machine (i rebuilt it for maya.., work that out??)

maybe i have so much on my mind, two weeks ago i was the star sound design person at a uni.., now im just me!!!user added image

im in the middle of making a sound reel (for post sound) and ill be making two more, one for acting and one for music for films.., all have a chance .., and i figure.., you got to be in it to win it. I have a bit of a rep at the moment for all three.., and i mean a small rep, so i better strike while the iron is hot.., its like any business though, you get to get to know a few customers/clients/comrades in arms.., in the area and work your way out.., but then again.., with the Internet.., anything is possible.

thanks for the thumbs up user added image ill get stuck into this asap (but ive never liked sports much so i REALLY have to use my imagination user added image )

as for 'forbidden planet.., its been my favorite movie for 43 years, i saw it when i was around 7.., i think it was made the year of my birthday.

Last edited by mirek03; 01-12-2007 at 05:16 PM.
# 21 08-12-2007 , 04:54 PM
Subscriber
i thought i better put something here.., when does this challenge finish

anyway.., its a .., errr.., sports plane (wee it will be when i have it flying around the appropriate poles or whatever they are called.

its based around a spitfire but ill change it to be a 'sports plane.'

Attached Thumbnails

# 22 08-12-2007 , 06:35 PM
Man another plane challenge!! Well I'm pulling out so only 2 I guess.

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 23 08-12-2007 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
well i can continue with my jet powered surfboard if you like user added image ???

i thought this might be better received?? and besides that .., i have no idea what to do and now i have a lot of time on my hands where as a couple of weeks ago i had none??

life is strange

# 24 08-12-2007 , 07:41 PM
dwarf chucking!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 25 08-12-2007 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
if i get time ill try franky throwing via kurts free FREE yes FREE tut (just a bit of a sales pitch for those who having 'tried' franky)

anyway (and what you mean..2 left??) i need help., sort of.., i have some weird deformation and i want to know.., id it worth worrying about and if so can i fix it

Attached Thumbnails

# 26 08-12-2007 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
heres the render.., its worse here

Attached Thumbnails

# 27 08-12-2007 , 10:20 PM
Man what are you using Windows 98?? What movie were you watching? And a bit of the old defrag user added image

Well fine if no dwarf chucking then I guess I can settle for midget throwing.

# 28 09-12-2007 , 12:22 AM
Subscriber
i should have used the I Mac its got a 24 innch screen.., witness its incredible IO on Matt's 'new project' as i add inspiration (as usual) to the cause user added image ????.., but its in the other room and its too far to walk. anyway.., this computer is acting up.., had two blue screens already.., maybe that because i had about 20 piont lights all between 17000 and 10000 in intensity making

TEMPLE OF THE DWARF THROWING CLAN

Attached Thumbnails

# 29 09-12-2007 , 03:17 PM
Subscriber
im wondering what anyone has to say about this new front on the plane.., is it ridiculous??

Attached Thumbnails

# 30 09-12-2007 , 04:51 PM
Im liking the forbiden hallway of checked dwarfs!!

As for the plane. it looks pretty good! Not very organic. :p