Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-11-2006 , 07:37 PM

Getting a good night feel

hi,
Im currently renderin a simple view of a building in day- and night time.
At night I want some windows to be lightend. I first tried wit an area light behind it but got black , after some render global tweaking, i got transparant back, bit not the nice night view one has when looking to a building at night. ).

So to solve this I changed the window colours user added image

And ofcourse with not so nice results.
My aim is not to get a realistic image, but to get a nice image, anyone some critics?

edit: I have two images but can only upload one, so this one is the one without night sky etc...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by swissone; 28-11-2006 at 07:41 PM.
# 2 28-11-2006 , 08:03 PM
not quite sure what you want... but a good idea for a night-time look would be a low-intensity light with a slight blue tint to it (like almost white, but with a little blue). also for the windows with a yellow look to them i'd add some self-illumination (and slight shader glow?) to make them look like they've actually got lights behind them.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 26-12-2006 , 09:25 AM
Banned