Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-05-2005 , 10:22 PM

Keyframing issue

Hey, I am having a rather annoying problem with Maya interpolating the attritbutes of my animatd camera. Basically I just have a camera keyframed at 1, 200, and 210. From 1-200, it is just translated along the Z and X axis. From 200-210 it zooms really quickly onto an object the is higher up and far away. The problem is this. Maya seems to be combining the two tramsforms, so what I end up with is the camera kind of panning and translating upward a little and then back down from frame 1-200, instead of just following a straight line. It seems like maya is kind of averageing the two transforms. Is there anyway I can get this to stop, so it maintains is original transforms the way I keyed them?

I would really appreciate any help

David

# 2 24-05-2005 , 10:16 AM
Ok well nevermind, I finally got it worked out with some help. If anyone else has a problem like this, I ended just going into the graph editor, and making my tangents sharp on my camera transformation curves. The graphs were trying to be smooth curves before, which ended up in a lot of weird resuts, and not the abrubt change I wanted.