Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 07-07-2004 , 08:37 AM
Subscriber
I reckon the movie was shit, too much love crap and not enough action. I heard from someone that they couldnt show alot of Dr. Octopus because the animation cost too much??? (Prove me wrong please)
Anyways hope the 3rd one kicks ass.

# 17 07-07-2004 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
well guys whatched it last night and I was very dissapointed. This may just be me but the first one was way better. This movie was full of terrible one liners.

I thought some of the editing was crap. Some scenes made no sense and left me wondering why it was in there in the first place.

here is a spoiler for everyone.

the whole movie is about spider man finding himself. He can't pick wheather he wants to be a regular teenager or spider man. He finally decides to be spider man and than starts flashing his face to everyone. Total crap. The chick doesent know if she likes him or not and than enagages to someone else and than stays with spider man!!! WTF!!!!

Oh, just remembered a cheesy line. Spidey takes his mask off and a bunch of kids see him and than the kids say.

"Don't worry spider man we wont tell anyone"

So, if you reading you realize I hated the plot of the movie. The CG was the only thing to like. It was truly well done and the Octopus dude looked good especially when he was fighting Spidey.

# 18 11-07-2004 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
Ok, let me start out by saying im a huge spider-man fan. I wanted this movie to be good, but i have to say im pretty disappointed with this one. I really wasnt a fan of the last one either, but i was hoping they could work in some stuff that makes spiderman, spiderman.

first off, i love tobey mcguire...i think hes a good actor, but ill tell you who he cant play worth a crap, peter parker. sure, peter parker has a huge guilt issue, and is burdened by his responsibility, but hes really not that serious...mcguire barely ever cracks a smile, no sarcastic comments, funny quips or comebacks, no spidey banter at all....the fact that its missing is enough to knock it down a few notches. mcguire plays him with this sullen "what am i going to do with my life" attitude. like i said...hes a good actor, but hes not spiderman.

my second big issue, the writing is horrible. "ts elliot is more complex than advanced science" is that really the best that doc ock could do? i remember him as being quite a snobbish genius, never really to interested in the good of man kind. "quantum thermo nuclear dynamics" i just made that up and it already sounds better. Its just not a spiderman story, its a watered down version of a spidey story. i recently read a good doc ock story in spectacular spiderman that showed how demented doc ock is. theres also a good story arc right now called "doctor octopus: year one" which is pretty excellent. Anyway, the point is that they could have had any of the current spidey writers do the script and im sure they could up with something that was just as accessible to the none comic readers but been a hell of a lot better. A Bendis/Miller combo comes to mind....oh i wish.

next on the list, the spiderman sequences, while the ones that they had were great, there just werent enough of them. why not give us some low level villian that well never see in a movie robbing a bank?(shocker, vulture, rhino, or any of the other corny ass villians hes had to fight, paste pot pete anyone?) or just some common thugs stealing a purse or robbing a 7-11...let spidey go to town on em. instead all we get is two scenes where he stops a car chase. woohoo...we saw that in the first movie too.

the last thing ill bring up, mary jane...i have no problem with kirsten dunst, but she really doesnt play the part with any passion. She needs to stop acting...if anyone catches that 10 points to you.

anyway...the problem with being a reader of the spidey books is you know how good it could be. i guess to the casual movie watcher you would just be impressed with what you saw....

animation was freaking great though, i cant get enough of doc ocks arms, the way they subtly mimic his motion, it doesnt look like they were animated, it looks like they are his to control, and that is just about perfect : ) a lot more spidey acrobatics too, which is a good thing because i think thats a big part of what makes him such a cool super hero, the guy can flip around and beat your ass before you know what the hell happened. anyway, enough of my rant...you guys can continue giving undue accolades : )

# 19 11-07-2004 , 01:10 AM
The Maya Mountain
Well, I've read most of the Amazing series (#1 - 350 or so) and around the 100s, he really is pretty serious. I agree that during the spider-man fights, he should have quipped the funny more with minor battles (the fights with Doc Ock that were the majority of the action stuff was pretty dire circumstances and I don't think quipping during those situations would have been in-character... spidey usually cracks funny when he's in control more), but during the peter parker scenes, it seemed to fit well with the early "parker in college" times from the early Amazing series.

I suppose it might've seemed too serious because they were using a lot of the reasons Parker's life was in shambles in a 2 hour movie rather than over the course of a 100 comics. user added image

# 20 11-07-2004 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
i agree with that, but a big reason hes so serious in the comics at that point is because of the death of gwen stacy(which he doesnt have to deal with in the movie) and i still think that they could have lightened up the character a lot, peter parker uses his spidey alter ego as a release from the pressures of daily life, there really wasnt much of that, he was only spiderman when he had to be. oh, and something else that could have helped the movie a lot, inner dialouge...its a big part of the comics...and it would really be a tough thing to pull off in the movie...but i think it could have been done.

# 21 11-07-2004 , 02:45 AM
i guess im one of those like... bad kinda guys... i hated spiderman 1.... but maybe ill like spiderman 2... i donno but if spiderman 3 has venom in it?! holy crap that would rock! i love the bad guys, especially super evil freaky scary guys like venom... lol

# 22 11-07-2004 , 08:01 AM
Everyone now you can download Spider-man 2 on the web:

right click and save link to disk

MOD EDIT: Link deleted.

:lol: :lol:

Noo0ooB... beginner... novice... newby... I'am new ! ! !

VERY BAD ENGLISH !
# 23 13-07-2004 , 08:53 PM
GreAT Movie, the Drama in the Train man that was Cool....

This time the CG Spidey is very well match with the live one in terms of color, Verry good animation but again some scenes are too fast....specifically when he fights Dr. Octo in the building (when they are falling)

I was WOOOOO, I recomende it to anyone eyes close...and wtch out for I ROBOT looks cool too

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 24 13-07-2004 , 10:59 PM

# 25 14-07-2004 , 02:32 AM

The chick doesent know if she likes him or not and than enagages to someone else and than stays with spider man!!! WTF!!!!

hmmm yes, ridiculous...because girls are normally so consistent.

i liked it a lot, but i'm no grand critic.

also:
kind of a spoiler-

....i'm not a regular reader of the comic books, so i was wondering if someone could explain to me the significance of the scene with peter, the chocolate cake, and the landlord's daughter? i get the "she likes him" overtones, but i don't get why that would be important enough to devote so much time to...

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe
# 26 14-07-2004 , 02:38 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, that was something that stood out to me, too. I would have liked to seen another scene with her.

# 27 14-07-2004 , 07:46 AM
why was my link deleted? didn't it work or what?
If someone didn't understand it wasn't the real movie?

Noo0ooB... beginner... novice... newby... I'am new ! ! !

VERY BAD ENGLISH !
# 28 14-07-2004 , 01:15 PM
maybe there was focus on her because she'll turn into a villain in the next movie.

...she bakes and distributes poisoned chocolate cakes that turn everyone in the city into mindless zombies to do her evil will...

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe
# 29 14-07-2004 , 02:04 PM
MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA...

I just watched it, and mt i must reckon its the best super heros movie i have seen up this date... this is the full marvel flavour as full as it can be taken to a movie and as well done as only Raimi could have done this thing...(it lacked more jokes during fights perhaps)

now, when will we see "Watchmen, the movie"?

Last edited by dragonfx; 14-07-2004 at 11:33 PM.
# 30 16-07-2004 , 07:32 PM
Kevin
well it opened in the uk yesterday so I took the wife and kiddy to see it this afternoon - great movie! better then the first IMO. This is one im deffinatly getting on DVD user added image