Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-04-2013 , 09:06 PM

Maya how to edit rewind hotkey

Maya how to edit rewind hotkey?

I can deal with alt v - for playback toggle

But I want to create hotkey alt c - for rewind

I tried opening mel and searching in HotKey editor...

But can't figure out how create this hotkey....

Also, if possible can anyone suggest a cool site or list of Hotkeys the PROS use... It would be a great share.

Thanks All
Dan

Last edited by danielchappelle; 21-04-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo
# 2 22-04-2013 , 03:29 AM
Super Moderator
You can use the play command. Query if the timeline is currently playing back, if yes, stop it, if not, play in reverse. This allows for it to be toggled instead of using another key for stopping.

Code:
if(`play -q -state` ==1)
	play -state 0;
else
	play -forward 0;

Disregarding functions tied to various plug-ins, commercial and otherwise, I should think that what hotkeys get used comes down to the goal and the user's preferences. Maybe there is one out there but I can imagine it being a nightmare to sift through the endless setups.

- Genny

Last edited by Gen; 22-04-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: didn't really explain a couple things.
# 3 23-04-2013 , 02:33 PM
Gen
I am confused.
Your script works fine to rewind, but for me it loops in rewind - this must be my animation playback settings - I'll check.
But it is odd that there is no - go to start frame.

Seems to me it would be useful for all.

Simply PLAY, REWIND, PLAY.

I was under the impression every thing in maya can be seen in the mel command window - but when you click rewind no mel commands display, the box is empty - for lack of a better way of putting it.
Thanks for input.
Dan

# 4 23-04-2013 , 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
If you turn go to "History>Echo all commands" in the script editor you can see the code that performs the same as what I just posted (I didn't even check, I just jumped on the play command lol).

Code:
playButtonBackward;
There's even a command in the hotkey editor already too, in the playback controls category. However this one does not toggle like above.

And there is a go to start frame command.
Code:
playButtonStart;
Just create a new hotkey for it.

Attached Images

- Genny