Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-06-2009 , 06:38 PM

Gunstar wip

Alright so in the event i need more complex work, and a refresher on the basics. I chose to do the gunstar from the last starfighter. I loved that movie as a kid, thought there was enough star trek or star wars models floating around. Ill have something to post later today

# 2 11-06-2009 , 11:04 PM
Heres a picture of what i got so far, its harder than i thought since theres no blueprints or pictures that line up or show me how things look at certain angles.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 12-06-2009 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber

YES

I loved the last starfighter too! I found it on DVD and still watch it every once in a while as part of a cheesy 80's movie night.

Looking foward to seeing it get a facelift!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 4 12-06-2009 , 12:46 PM
ha - i remember that film - video game kid gets recruited to intergalactic spacewar! - cool - looking forward to seeing how this turns out. user added image

# 5 12-06-2009 , 05:13 PM
Thanks! From what i hear there are rumors flying around there doing a sequal.

Heres updated picture, i had to redo it because my comp froze before i saved it. Im honestly stuggling with it due to trying to figure out what looks like what at different angles, from the pictures im using.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 12-06-2009 , 05:21 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hey, can you post some links, or picture reference, i tried Google, but didn't turn up anything. Would help to see what your aiming for.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 7 12-06-2009 , 05:52 PM