Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 09-06-2003 , 07:51 PM
I leave college next week, and wont have to touch a mac again....can finally stop taking the prozac!

You see, i have some director work, stick in a pc...bang plays!, stick it in a mac....file name change to capitals, all links to external files F'd up! have to manually rename links. Dam i wish they had chewable prozac...Ummmm...Prozac

EDIT: I just wanna add this. I'd love to have a proper rant about the Mac but i need to first find the amount of characters/words you can post at once cos i'd have to much to rant about. On the other hand, why would i even wast my time?

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 09-06-2003 at 08:01 PM.
# 17 09-06-2003 , 08:04 PM
The day Apple owns Maya is the day I switch to 3DSMax. Apple is complete junk. The simplicity of Apple computers makes me wonder how many features they will take out of maya to make it 'fit in'

Kevin, Let us know if they are REALY thinking about buying AW, so I can start saving up for 3DSMax

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 18 09-06-2003 , 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Ultragames
The simplicity of Apple computers...

Dude, are you mad! The Mac couldn't get more complicated. A task thats simple in Windows requires a instruction manual on the Mac. Thats what makes them so lame....Macs are full of pointless crap!

They'll probably change the Hotbox activation from "Space" to "Cloverleaf crap+.+@+"+£+^+Ahhhhhhh"

Then poof, gone....i didnt even save!

Last edited by doodle; 09-06-2003 at 08:23 PM.
# 19 09-06-2003 , 08:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
Sheesh... who cares? They both work! Fugeddaboudit. user added image

# 20 09-06-2003 , 08:42 PM
I'm with Mike. Forget about it. Everyone uses whatever they want to use. End of story.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 21 09-06-2003 , 09:16 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by mtmckinley

yeah i guess they do....unless your trying to watch a simply maya movie user added image

but then again ..do about 9 hrs or editing, and they may work

# 22 09-06-2003 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
Gordon Bennett! All I asked was is there any truth about Apple buying AW, and if they did what would they do with it, leave it alone or bugger it all about... I didn't ask for a platform war!!!

I very much doubt they would stop producing it for the PC somehow, that is why there is Maya Unlimited for the PC and Unix only?

Now back to theoretical answers to my question - please?

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 23 09-06-2003 , 10:10 PM
Gazzamataz, you mention anything related to Apple and Macs around here, and you're asking for trouble. Some people are just very opinionated. :p

Danny Ngan
# 24 09-06-2003 , 10:17 PM
Kevin
LOL!!!

but not me....honest user added image

# 25 09-06-2003 , 11:25 PM
ok, I dont know the name of them. But a while back there was a guy who would post a picture in some news paper. And this pic was a machine. It would go through TONS of stuff, just to say, puch a button. That is Mac. Like I said, mabey ill have to switch to 3DSM.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 26 10-06-2003 , 01:16 AM

Originally posted by mtmckinley

Well, everything i said is true, for me

My two year experiance with Macs havent been very good. So only one works for me user added image

# 27 10-06-2003 , 01:56 AM
I hear apple is really hard on its employees.

# 28 10-06-2003 , 02:14 AM
It really amuses me when people get so fanatical about their chosen platforms and are anti-anything that is not. Such hatred, such anger. Can't we all just get along? user added image

Danny Ngan
# 29 10-06-2003 , 02:39 AM

Originally posted by HAL 9000
I hear apple is really hard on its employees.

Apple boss: Work on the Macs or the bunny gets it.

Meanwile in DORKville…..

Bill to enployees: Make me more money or I shoot you with the NERDulator.
____

While I am a Windows fan (mainly because of the interface, navigation, look, the way it works…etc) It can piss me off sometime. And i’m genurally not a M$ fan.Yeah, sure they make good software but their just in it for the money. Plus Bill’s a nerd user added image Oh, and god I hate the Xbox. I was gonna get one but first I’ve gotta build that extention to the bedroom user added image….I just love it I see people take the piss outta Bill, M$ & Co.

Last edited by doodle; 10-06-2003 at 02:43 AM.
# 30 10-06-2003 , 07:49 AM
Kevin
As long as this discussion can be kept humane then I think it is a good discussion,

but what I would like is for someone to lay out the pros and cons for both platforms (without the sarcasm user added image) so we can let people see why one would prefer one over the over