Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-07-2007 , 11:30 AM

where to start?

Hi, very new to cg, i wanted to get some recommendations on what tutorials and/or books to get to learn basics, specifically Maya 8.5. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks chris

# 2 21-07-2007 , 11:57 AM
Jr.Who
Start off with the free tutorials on this site, they will teach you a lot of the basics! Also, press F1 when in Maya to bring up the help files. Whenever you’re stuck in Maya, check the search function in the help files.

Welcome to the SM forum.
user added image

# 3 22-07-2007 , 05:19 AM
Subscriber
I'm pretty new to this as well and along with the Simply Maya dvd's which are excellent I also got 3D Buzz Maya Fundamentals which is really helpful. Also check out the forums.

# 4 22-07-2007 , 05:19 AM
Well first of all start by getting familiar with the interface, play around and so on. Then when you feel ready you can either get tutorials here or at DigitalTutors. (I started with digital tutors and I think they have good step-by-step tutorials to get you started while Simply Maya have more specialized tutorials especially the free ones.)

# 5 22-07-2007 , 09:00 AM

where to start?

Video tuts are the best when u want to learn...........if you want books,then go to www.gfxworld.org and search...they have great stuff there.......

# 6 22-07-2007 , 09:02 AM

start here

where to start?
Video tuts are the best when u want to learn fast...........if you want books,then go to www.gfxworld.org and search...they have great stuff there.......