Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-05-2007 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber

Wireframe rendering

Does anybody have a mel script for rendering wireframe models, or know where i can source a working one? I've downloaded several now and none work, I'm still lagging behind using version 6.0. Cheers guys.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 20-05-2007 , 07:08 PM
Jr.Who

# 3 20-05-2007 , 07:13 PM
Subscriber
I've given up on finding one, as i would like to have the wireframe shown on my clay render and these do not allow this. And I'd sooner not have to render layers etc as i have no knowledge on this. I've decided to do basic vector renderings which work well enough i suppose. cheers anyhow

# 4 20-05-2007 , 08:04 PM
Why dont you UV map it invert the colours so the wires a re black and the spaces white, then apply that to the model as a texture and then render that?

You could do a simple automap to it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 20-05-2007 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
I tried that, but wasn't happy with the quality even if i saved out the uv at 2048x2048, when applied the lines looked blurry. May give it another play, I lose my patience far too quickly lol.

# 6 20-05-2007 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber