Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-05-2006 , 07:23 PM

A pet(Spider robot)

Well it's not one of my newest works, but, i'd like to show it. It's not made only by Maya, i've used Photoshop, but the model and shadows were done in maya and i think it's interesting enough to put it here.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by urvinism; 22-05-2006 at 08:15 PM.
# 2 22-05-2006 , 08:16 PM
Here is another render.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-05-2006 , 08:17 PM
And one more...

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 22-05-2006 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber
hey!!!
why can't i have a toy like that :angery:

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 5 23-05-2006 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
that is pretty damn cool! Respect, I like the composite you've done. Since it seems to be fully rigged it would be nice to make a short animation with it and have it running around on your desk!

# 6 23-05-2006 , 05:29 AM
This is a great idea.
Could be some sort of millitary spy robot or something.
Would be cool to see an animation of it rolling along and then folding out.
Also could be a toy of the future
Great model Props user added image :bow:

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 7 23-05-2006 , 07:23 AM
Well, i have some animation. But i don't like it much, because it took too much time to do it and it is not finished and i will not finish it and i don't like not to finish my work... user added image I can show it, if you want. The creating of the environment was interesting. You can see a blue pen on a table. Long time ago, i wanted to create something with Maya quickly. I needed something easy and i asked my friend, what i could make. She adviced me to make a pen. Then i needed something to put the pen on... The table also didn't look good in black space, then i made the carpet, then the sofa and so on. I worked only when i had free time, so that was why it took so long and now it's too boring to continue it. Here it is.

www.geocities.com/urvinism/Voras.avi
The link doesn't seem to work...user added image try copying the text and pasting it in to your browser, i think then it should work...

Last edited by urvinism; 23-05-2006 at 07:40 AM.
# 8 23-05-2006 , 09:03 AM
Subscriber
wow goooood stuff. I like your animation. If you want to work on it at all, I'd say work on the timing and the movement a bit, but it is pretty decent so far. Any chance to get a shot of that bird, it is so fast I can't really make it out.

# 9 23-05-2006 , 09:42 AM
I am afraid it is as it is, i am too busy now to fix something, or to continue working on it and i have other work i dont have enough time for, but any more critique is welcome, it helps learninguser added image.

# 10 23-05-2006 , 04:38 PM
Nice Idea.

For the comp you should add some shaddows and reflections for the table as it would make it look like its actually on the table.

# 11 23-05-2006 , 04:57 PM
There are some shadows. The light source is the camera so you probably didn't notice them. Maybe they are not very realistic, but they are there. Well, as speaking about reflections, it seemed to me too much work to do them. I agree, it would look nicer with some reflections, i should have added them.

# 12 24-05-2006 , 10:22 AM
Nice animation, although i agree about timing and lighting.
I never have enough time to work on any of my model aswell, but for the lack of time that u ad its pretty good.

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?