Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-09-2004 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber

Return of the Livin'Dead

I have a project of a small medieval short that I want to make eventualy and this is why I learned Maya. Right now, I am still at the 'exploration' phase. trying to learn every part of the production process, it's a 1-2 year project so dont expect to see it until a while...

Anyways, here is the first actor: M. ghoul! Made with the Organic modeling tutorial 2, I added a blin material, made a skin in PS and a very basic bump map. I still need to add another bump map/texture level for all the scars & blood. Let say this is the G rated version :-)

I am currently working on binding/weight painting job. On the pic, it has a zombi pose but once I am done with it, its going to be a fast moving/agile monster. Biggest problem so far is with the deformation of the model when I rotate the joins.

Also, the hands/feet need a lot of tweaking but I got bored and moved to something else.

Here is a pic:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-09-2004 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
will remember your name cause Im excually allready qurious for your short... I like the first char...allthought it's nothing new under the sun to use it in your short I think...but that doesn't have to matter user added image
keep it up!