Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 91 07-07-2006 , 06:03 AM
Looks good Matt, as with what nightZ said I think you coulld do with some blinds or something on the window. In addition the wood looks a bit too flat so to speak.

# 92 07-07-2006 , 08:00 AM
This is looking really good. The furniture and textures look fantastic. Once you have something outside the windows, or some blinds this scene will look fantastic.
If you get a chance, it would be nice to see a render of this scene with all the lights on.

Keep up the pressure

leon

# 93 07-07-2006 , 01:57 PM
thanks guys!!! something outside the windows- I will add in post. Blinds- I will model user added image

gster- I added a bump map to the floor now, and I am rendering again now.

also, night scene with lights- I would have to take a while to do that, since each individual light bulb is 500 polys
user added image, so I have to decrease them to about 25-30 polys to actually get any kind of "Efficient" rendering.

But I will work on it.

Thanks again,
-Matt

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 94 07-07-2006 , 02:19 PM
hello and i love this scene!

before i go ahead and get all critical i'd like to ask if there'd be a possibility of seeing a few of the details a bit closer like.

things like the wood, the chairs and other such things. i don't want to seem unfair if i say the chairs look a bit plasticky when they're supposed to be or the floors too bumpy thinking it's laminate.

maybe describing the scene and textures in words would be easier and save render time!

i'm currently working on sets concepts and can appreciate how hard it is not to make a scene contrived or 'homefront' like for you english peeps!

cheers chap and keep it up looks fab.

p.s

this thread has livened up my day no end with the great C & C debate, thanks again! must be the heat...

# 95 07-07-2006 , 07:33 PM
a bump mapped floor- and I am modeling blinds now. Oh- and the chairs are supposed to look plasticky :p

6hr 37min render

user added image

# 96 07-07-2006 , 08:02 PM
looking really nice. a bit too dark but still looking nice.
keep it up dude!

# 97 07-07-2006 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
this is a pretty nice render.

i did notice the blinds, but didnt think it to be a big deal. what i did think a little out of sorts is the floor. those planks are quite wide. and the image prior to adding your bump, the floor looked like it could use a bit more reflectivity. unless of course it's a floor lacking some care and attention, which then the polish on it would be a bit dull.

overall good work.

# 98 08-07-2006 , 12:26 AM
blinds blinds blinds :angery: lol! Working on it :p

As for the floor planks, Indigo doens't support tiling textures, and that texture isn't tileable anyway. If anyone has a bigger floor texture, please show/tell me user added image

Anyway- I think I might stick with the bumpy floor- just "Less" bumpy. That's all, I guess.

Updates tomorrow
-Matt

# 99 08-07-2006 , 12:33 AM
Wow - great work mat - this is really coming together.

I definitely agree that some blinds ( :angery: :headbang: user added image ) are needed to sort out those windows - they are really letting your scene down at the moment. I also think that while the room is looking really good, it seems a little lifeless at the moment. I think that maybe some flowers in the vase or even the odd casually placed magazine would really help make it seem as if this room is actually used by people.

Just a few suggestions... keep up the good work.user added image

# 100 08-07-2006 , 04:22 AM
Subscriber
The lighting looks weird where the light comes in and shines on the floor and makes the wood perfectly visible, yet everywhere else is still dark.

You'd think that bright of light would spread a bit more than that.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 101 08-07-2006 , 01:06 PM
actually, because of the dark colors (wood and walls) the light wouldn't spread. The render IS physically correct. That's why I use Indigo in the first place, not to have to tweak lighting.

# 102 08-07-2006 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber
Nice scene,

as far as the floor goes you could use WOOD WORKSHOP to make your floor texture. You can tile and render your floor texture inside wood workshop or you could just take one seamless tile and use photoshop or something similar to duplicate and fit it to your UV map. It's a pretty handy bit of software and what's more it's free!!

Keep at it,

Mat.

# 103 08-07-2006 , 02:48 PM
Oh- and the chairs are supposed to look plasticky

lol!

in that case i agree with most of the crit given with emphasis on the making it look a little more lived in perhaps.

top stuff

# 104 09-07-2006 , 03:44 AM
Subscriber
Chairs are still too thin and what kind of outlets are those on the walls?

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 105 22-08-2006 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
man renders are always amazing to look at. I wish I could say something bad about it but I can't. I don't know jack about rendering.lol