Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-05-2015 , 09:42 AM

Render output image file size problem

Hi guys!

I have a big problem that are driving me crazy. I have a scene that is completly done for final render. I'm using Mental Ray and have set to preset "HD 720" (as seen in the pic below). I'm using Maya .iff format. But the render output image is "1216 x 684" !!?? I've search the web for 5 hours yester day with no luck.

I first open the .iff in Fcheck and I can see "Preferred Size: 1280 x 720, Current Size: 1216 x 684 ( 95.00% )". Then I try to save it as image (JPEG) and is the same 1216 x 684 ? What I'm i doing wrong, I try everything I can come up with. Changing image format, change the camera setting and render settings. And it always puts out image size of 1216 x 684. I really need it to be 1280 x 720.

I have attached 3 pics showing maya render settings, Fcheck, .JPEG info and also my scene file.

https://speedy.sh/UykXK/Robotic-Arm-T...Save2-84354.mb

Any help is really appreciated.

//KoadRilL

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-05-2015 , 03:05 PM
SM Tea Boy
If I render out a shot from your Maya file the images are 1280x720. There is nothing wrong with the images coming out of Maya.

Hit render save the image and open it in something other than fcheck, you should see the image is 1280x720. Not sure what's going on with your fcheck I never use it.

Attached Thumbnails

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 14-05-2015 , 04:03 PM

If I render out a shot from your Maya file the images are 1280x720. There is nothing wrong with the images coming out of Maya.

Hit render save the image and open it in something other than fcheck, you should see the image is 1280x720. Not sure what's going on with your fcheck I never use it.

Yes it's probably the Fcheck that **** things up. I installed a maya .iff plugin for PS and it was ofcoures 720p.

Thank you very much!

/KoadRilL

Last edited by KoadRilL; 14-05-2015 at 07:01 PM.