Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 136 23-04-2003 , 05:36 AM
Subscriber
nice work there Pony - interesting face user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 137 23-04-2003 , 05:40 AM
Subscriber

and

:40
total 12:42

I keep on fogetting the eyes so I just did them so I wouldn't any more.

# 138 23-04-2003 , 05:42 AM
Subscriber

# 139 23-04-2003 , 06:54 AM
Subscriber
Oh yeah vecterman I found a anime centaur last houre. Mine looks some like it but the one in the manga anime looks to old to be in this tournament so.. happy I made the changes I did..

# 140 23-04-2003 , 07:06 AM
user added image JB we are in PST right now.

2 months ago I had never heard of Maya...(polys.. vertices.. LMAO)

now I peek over Pony's shoulder and watch the "magic"....

or come here and view the competitions...

suffice it to say, I appreciate the expansion of my perspective..user added image

# 141 23-04-2003 , 09:58 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by PonysGirl
user added image JB we are in PST right now.

2 months ago I had never heard of Maya...(polys.. vertices.. LMAO)

now I peek over Pony's shoulder and watch the "magic"....

or come here and view the competitions...

suffice it to say, I appreciate the expansion of my perspective..user added image

Great to see a partner who is actually interested in what the partner is doing.. so many times Maya and pcs are the cause of many bust ups

Now thats what I need user added image

maybe a "Kevins Girl" on the board? user added image

# 142 23-04-2003 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
Great to see a partner who is actually interested in what the partner is doing.. so many times Maya and pcs are the cause of many bust ups

Now thats what I need user added image

maybe a "Kevins Girl" on the board? user added image

LOL! It's all too true!

Pony's girl, I have no idea what PST stands for... but if your somewhere in America then your probably about a day behind me....... I'm from the FUTURE I tells ya user added image (I love saying that to people)!

Pony - crud man!! that's... **searches for words**... excellent... and... great. The hair is awesome!

UUUURRG! All the time that i was in Maya today I have been UV mapping - and it's not as much fun as modelling (and it's taking longer than I expected)! Sooo... this means that unfortunately I won't have him textured at all this round... but he'll be set up ready for texturing next round (if I make it).

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 143 23-04-2003 , 11:22 AM
Subscriber
Ok - there's not much I can show with the UV mapping... but here's what I've got so far (not all set out yet... but getting there).

Ok... there will be no more updated pictures of my critter because all the work I'm doing now is only with UV's, so...

the previous picture i uploaded is what I wish to be regarded as my final. I will edit that post to say that. It can be found here

so thankyou everyone for all your c&c's. It's been REALLY fun competing with you guys - good luck to all user added image cheers.

(try not to kill my critter too much pony user added image )

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP

Last edited by -<{ JB }>-; 23-04-2003 at 11:40 AM.
# 144 23-04-2003 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber

Hay

ok.. it was
:40 more
for total of 13:22 houres

# 145 23-04-2003 , 11:45 AM
Kevin
great tail pony! how did you do it...and jb I love your character to mate, cute little dude!!!

great work guys a really good battle

# 146 23-04-2003 , 11:48 AM
Subscriber
LOL thanks guys.
She is wonderfull, its really nice to have someone to share this with.

Keven. Yeah man, you need a Kevens girl on the board !

JB. thanks for the props.. Yeah I hear you.. UV maping is a drag.. its like your modeling all this time. You can see the progress, "and it was GOOD" thin things come to a screaching holt with the UV maping. don't have any progress to show or be inspired buy. But its COOL your doing it thought.. I'm sure it must get eazyer with expireance..

# 147 23-04-2003 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber
Well I made the tail buy selecting 2 faces on the stub there. Only 2 becouse I keep only half the model's body and just mirror that..
I duplicated the faces, seperated them from the body. thin mirrored them. this gave me a cube that was like rotated about 45 degrees Z. but in exactly the right spot to start the tail. thin I just extruded the end face in the direction of the tail. enlarged that. extruded agin. Thin I would use the poly spilt tool on the end and make 2 or more faces.. and would etrude them in the direction of the hair clumps sepratly. all on down..

ermmm.. looking for a pic or 2 of the wire, and maybe a extruding one..

# 148 23-04-2003 , 12:01 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by pony
LOL thanks guys.
Keven. Yeah man, you need a Kevens girl on the board !

or maybe even a "Kevins girl" :p

# 149 23-04-2003 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by pony
JB. thanks for the props.. Yeah I hear you.. UV maping is a drag.. its like your modeling all this time. You can see the progress, "and it was GOOD" thin things come to a screaching holt with the UV maping. don't have any progress to show or be inspired buy. But its COOL your doing it thought.. I'm sure it must get eazyer with expireance..

Thanx user added image . I'm sure it does get easier with experience... at the moment all I've been doing is carefully assigning planar projections to groups of faces. Yes you're completely right about the lack of visible progress you can show with UV mapping.

# 150 23-04-2003 , 12:04 PM
Subscriber

wire

wire of the tail.