Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 13-05-2003 , 02:13 AM
Subscriber
Ok, I have been doing quite a bit more tweaking on the face. It still needs some work on the forehead, i noticed its nothing like mine user added image. Anyways, heres a render of where I am so far.. head still needs a good day more of tweaking here and there.. then I may start to do the morphin user added image. I would love to hear what YOU think should be exaggurated on my face user added image. I have a huge head in real life.. so i realise im going to have to work that into the model. but other than that? Thanks, C&C welcome.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 17 13-05-2003 , 07:33 AM
LOL that's great man!!! I like it! I may have to jump in this month and put off the Gundams a little longer... I'll have to think about that!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 18 13-05-2003 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
Looking good M you have made a great job of that new technique- inspires me to give it a go!

You could exagerate the eyes and nose and go wild with the hair!

# 19 14-05-2003 , 02:04 AM
Subscriber
user added image, great idea witchy with the hair.. didnt even think of that! Lol, i just may do that user added image. Just one thing.. i dont know how to work the fur plugin user added image.. lol.

# 20 14-05-2003 , 02:14 AM
Subscriber
Alright, heres a lot of tweaking added to this head.. just kinda going around it over and over then pickin up little things i can work on. Now its time to work on the ear.. I will still be editing the face later, just i need to get this ear on user added image. Anyways, this is what he looks like from front viewport.. and then I will show you a wireframe right after user added image.

# 21 14-05-2003 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
I love how whenever you post something.. its like you pick up another 50 things. Anyways, fron that view i notice that his lower mouth area is WAY too flat.. i will be working that out right now user added image. Anyways, heres the wireframe so far at 460 faces user added image.

# 22 14-05-2003 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
looking good matey, a lot better since you started tweaking it.

A thing I would exaggerate is the shape fo your head - it seems (from the photo) squarish at the top?

your eyes seem quite sunken into your skull - maybe exaggerate the skull around the eyebrow area - hope you understand what I mean.

jus reading that back seems like I am saying you have a weird shaped head - oops, heheh says me with my tefal forehead user added image

cheers

Rich
# 23 15-05-2003 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
looks great, nice clean mesh. I agree with Rich- It is looking like a pretty realistic head and since we are doing a cartoon version... why not exagerate some of you features more? definitly go nuts with your mop, you definitely have some crazy locks going! user added image

H!

# 24 15-05-2003 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber
Hey guys user added image.. i DEFINATELY will be totally morphin this head.. heheh. I just want to try for my own experience, model a really realistic version of myself to the best of my abilities.. then i will be doing the morphing... and thankyou rich.. heh, yea my head is akwardly huge and messed up in shape.. i dont wear hats.. not because i dont like them, but because none fit my head! Lol. Anyways, its cool that you spotted the parts of my eyes and stuff.. because your right.. i was wondering how i could fix that.. i tried to bring in my eye and it made everything else go off place.. so what i will do is exaggerate the eyebrow area user added image, like you said user added image. So, im quite antsy to try that out.. but im busy atm.. i should have a post later tonight.. user added image.

# 25 15-05-2003 , 08:25 AM
Subscriber
I found the easiest method of tweaking stuff like the eye area (once you have the basic shape down) is by selecting the various verts around the eye - creating a deformation lattice and then tweaking that - it retains the shape already created much better. It would make tweaking the eyebrow really straight forward.

cheers

Rich
# 26 15-05-2003 , 11:36 AM
looks good M. I agree with what the guys said about exageration of the features.

How much definition is there in the cheek bones? could we see a 3/4 shot? just that you could pull the cheeks out a little just to add a bit of a difference to the sides of the face.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest goes.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 27 15-05-2003 , 11:52 AM
you have a more square forehead if you ask me .. your model seem quite flatheaded user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 28 15-05-2003 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
Hey cali.. i dont quite understand what you mean about a "square" forehead compared to flatheaded.. i dont know if im just missin something.. wouldnt flat be square? lol. Anyways, if you could explain it more i will definately work on it user added image. Also, thanks so much rich.. i had NO clue you could create a lattice on just certain parts of a mesh user added image. Wicked. Also, I will post a 360 degree shot (maybe 10, 20 frames) to show you all around the head...or... when you say 3/4 degree shot would that be kinda coming from the back of the skull to the front? Or just rotated like i have done in previous images.. (the common corner view of the model).. thanks user added image, i wasnt familiar with that term user added image. Heh, cya later.

# 29 18-05-2003 , 04:49 AM
Subscriber
Ok, i spend around 2 hours tweaking this face..and then a whole day working with fur to add hair. And basically i now definately know how to use hair.. BUT.. it just ISNT meant for human hair.. lol... especially mine. SO i will be using a combination of bump maps, transparency maps, and textures to create my hair.. and see how that turns out. As of now i deleted my hair.. as it looked like a semi bald old man with brittle hair user added image. Now its time for making the ear :O... then the body.. hair will be last.. i think. C&C welcome.

# 30 18-05-2003 , 09:04 AM
lookin good mate! as usual I'm watching SM but not doing much 3D lately cause I've been so busy! Keep it up cause it at least gives me a small 3D fix daily!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect