Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 24-07-2009 , 12:24 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well I always check the videos before I send them off and I know they are fine on the originals, so if there is a problem its usually best to get hold of David, as encoding and resizing the videos etc for download is his realm and not mine, I just record the videos with the settings Im asked to use so....

I model pretty quick generally so the speed of the mouse isnt a mistake LOL.

am glad you learnt something anyway...

Jay

# 17 24-07-2009 , 02:12 PM
Interesting that this is the latest tut. I was looking at automatic rifle references the other day and musing over the best way to create sharp, hi-res inset (stamping plant-style) lettering like you see in the following example:

SCAR Rifle

Booleans were a complete failure, so I guess the next line of thinking would be displacement map or bump map.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 18 24-07-2009 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
yeah, Booleans would likely give you nightmare topology that would be tricky to smooth. Some kind of inverted bump should do the trick at a reasonable distance/angle....otherwise displacement.

# 19 04-08-2009 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
I am very interested in purchasing this tutorial series.

I use Maya 2009 Unlimited, will this be ok or does the video use older version and I won't be able to follow it??

Thank you!!

# 20 05-08-2009 , 08:00 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Maya 2009 will be fine

J