Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-04-2007 , 09:10 AM

Extrude tool help

Hi people, i've been gettin along fine with maya and thought i understood most things however, i now want to extrude some edges locally like i have been doing before but now the edges are extruding all over the place not how i want them to. I have reset the extrude tool but still no luck, any ideas? thanks

Trainee Solicitor believe it or not

Portfolio - Click Here
# 2 12-04-2007 , 09:13 AM
Lifetime Member
try deleting the history first and then maybe freeze tranformations if deleting the history doesn't work.

# 3 12-04-2007 , 09:17 AM

Re: Extrude tool help

Originally posted by davidorff07
Hi people, i've been gettin along fine with maya and thought i understood most things however, i now want to extrude some edges locally like i have been doing before but now the edges are extruding all over the place not how i want them to. I have reset the extrude tool but still no luck, any ideas? thanks

hi, how do I freeze the transformations?

Portfolio - Click Here
# 4 12-04-2007 , 09:19 AM
Lifetime Member
with the object selected
select modify at the top of the UI then freeze transformations.

Last edited by jsprogg; 12-04-2007 at 09:21 AM.
# 5 12-04-2007 , 10:04 AM
Thanks for the help, there was an actual problem with the model but sorted it, thanks again.

Portfolio - Click Here