Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 07-02-2005 , 11:38 PM
Subscriber
If maya was working once before... and if it hasn't been too long, you might be able to restore the systeme to a previous condition. i.e. prior to the faulty game. On my Mac at work right now, so I can't go through all the steps, but you should be able to find the steps in windows help files.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 17 07-02-2005 , 11:42 PM
Doesnt that destroy files on my system?

# 18 08-02-2005 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
Per Microsoft....

System Restore overview:
System Restore is a component of Windows XP Home Edition that you can use to restore your computer to a previous state, if a problem occurs, without losing your personal data files (such as Microsoft Word documents, browsing history, drawings, favorites, or e-mail). System Restore monitors changes to the system and some application files, and it automatically creates easily identified restore points. These restore points allow you to revert the system to a previous time. They are created daily and at the time of significant system events (such as when an application or driver is installed). You can also create and name your own restore points at any time.

Notes

Restoring your computer does not affect or change your personal data files. It is a good idea to back up your data files periodically. For example, you might copy your data files to removable media, such as a writable compact disc, once a week.

# 19 08-02-2005 , 02:08 AM
I have never set any restore points..

Last edited by Billy_Cat; 08-02-2005 at 02:15 AM.
# 20 08-02-2005 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
Windows should be doing some automatically. Check the system restor utility to see if there are viable restore points prior to whenever you installed the faulty game.

# 21 08-02-2005 , 02:15 AM
I found system restore, and it wasn't turned on user added image so I have no restore points..

# 22 08-02-2005 , 02:26 AM
Subscriber
Are there any other programs beside Maya showing problems in display?

# 23 08-02-2005 , 02:41 AM
well, it cant be display because its not that maya is just looking like that when I start it up, its literally crashing.. theres an hour glass when I put my mouse over it..

I am also having some problems with a game. it restarts at random parts while im playing, whether this is relate to the maya problem, I dont know..

# 24 14-02-2005 , 09:43 AM
Fixed the problem.. Microsoft Firewall was blocking Maya for some reason, so I unblocked it..

# 25 14-02-2005 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
Just recently upgraded to SP2? Damn, I should have considered that. Anyway, glad your up a running again.