Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-10-2004 , 10:01 PM

Skybox + lighting specific objects

Okay, I have a skybox, and quite obviously... the sky lights us, not the reverse... how can I get the skybox not affected by any light, and have the shader make it self illuminated... so as to prevent one face from being VISIBLY more shaded than another.

# 2 13-10-2004 , 10:08 PM
This is what its like now --

user added image

# 3 18-10-2004 , 01:12 AM
the best way is to use IBL node in the Render Globals of Mental Ray (if that's what you are using)...

if you just wan't the skybox... ( user added image ) then set it's material incadescence to the same texture as your color... or render it as a separate pass and do the magic in compositing

another note if you wish to use Final Gathering with HDR and IBL node... I see lots of people make mistake by leaving Filter in Final gather options to default value... start with 3 and then decide if you want to go less or more from that

--

Dominik Susmel | art director
www.vongestern.com | art company - Zagreb, Croatia