Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-11-2006 , 05:05 AM

what is this

can someone please tell me what this tool is because i cant seem to find it anywhere on the maya interface

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-11-2006 , 05:41 AM
Simply Maya OG
This should be in the Maya Chat section. Id move it, but Im not a supermod...just a WIP mod. I have no idea what tool it is, but hold your mouse/cursor over it, and it should have alittle pop-up telling you what it is. It almost looks like some kind of merging tool.

- Hybrid
# 3 24-11-2006 , 06:32 AM

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
This should be in the Maya Chat section. Id move it, but Im not a supermod...just a WIP mod. I have no idea what tool it is, but hold your mouse/cursor over it, and it should have alittle pop-up telling you what it is. It almost looks like some kind of merging tool.

thanks for the reply but this screen shot was taken from a dvd i was watching and it was used a few times i just wanted to know what it was

# 4 24-11-2006 , 06:48 AM
Could be extrude CV

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 24-11-2006 , 09:26 AM

Originally posted by gster123
Could be extrude CV

i think it might be called a poly move edge tool, but i cant seem to find on maya 7

# 6 24-11-2006 , 12:29 PM
Senior Software Developer
If you've seem it on a DVD, it may be part of the Maya Bonus Tools (free for the Autodesk "the-area" site). Also be aware that a lot of instructors/tutors use custom UI's and MEL scripts.

I would post on the support site where you got the DVD and ask there. From the icon it isn't merge vertices, but it might be a colapse edge or similar operation...

From the toolbar its associated to the cpToolbox, maybe its a custom operation associated to that plugin/MEL scripts.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)