SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Referencing a model in a scene..?

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

05-04-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
tank2002

Referencing a model in a scene..?
Hey guys!!

Point me to the right direction, the main use for referenced model instead of importing a model in a scene is to have the ability of modifying the reference model at the source and see the changes in the main scene, am i right?

I mean if I have a scene and a reference model and i animate the model and do whatever i want and then i want to add something to that reference model lets say an aditional light or a aditional sphere .... i open the scene that has the original model, add the stuff I want and automatically is added on the reference model
and the animation and stuff on the main scene remains intact?

Thanks in advance!!!!