Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-11-2012 , 03:40 PM

Creating a portal/teleporter with fluids?

Hello.

I am currently constructing a video game project, and I would like to know how to make a Portal/Teleporter using Fluids?

I found this video on someone's portal using maya, and it's EXACTLY the kind of portal I want. However, he doesn't explain how he did it and what he used other than fluids.

Here are the videos
CG Portal - YouTube

Portal with Full Breakdown (Technical View) - YouTube

What could it be that the guy uses in his videos? Can someone please give me tips and suggestions on what to use and what settings I should use to create a portal like that? The portal I want to create is for an arena/background for our video game we're working on.

Thank you for your time.

- Justin

Last edited by JustMcCollum; 14-11-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Wanted to rename the title
# 2 14-11-2012 , 03:52 PM
The thin red line

# 3 14-11-2012 , 03:58 PM

See Davids free tutorial..............dave

https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38134

It looks like it could come into use someday, but not for this project we're working on. This isn't exactly what I'm looking for to create a portal. I want a portal just like the videos I provided, it's like a Mortal Kombat style portal. But thanks anyways.

Last edited by JustMcCollum; 14-11-2012 at 04:18 PM.
# 4 14-11-2012 , 05:03 PM
The thin red line
Sorry I did not have time to explain, he is using a cone the same as David tutorial does, it looks like he has a emitter shaped as a cylinder for the middle bit a little bigger than the cone another just to the side thats feeding into the cone and finally another for the dust...............dave