Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-01-2006 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber

need help :)

am new to Maya and i am going through the book Introducing Maya 7 3d for beginners.

i am building a hand and it asks for me to

edit polygons extrude face.

i have gone through the main menu bar from end to end and no luck.
can some one please assisst in what would be a simple thing for many of u. dont forget i am day 2 learner user added image

many thanks in advance and i can promise u this is to be my first of many cry for help posts
cheers
Darren.

# 2 05-01-2006 , 05:33 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

If you've gone through the main menu bar without success, it's probably cause it was not the "good" one.
As Maya can display several layouts with specialized menubars, I advise you to check first if Maya displays the "MODELING" one.

Right under File, Edit etc ..., there's a drop-down box, inwhich it should be MODELING, for you to find that item.

Then ... edit polygons / extrude face user added image