Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-02-2003 , 05:06 AM

Yet another Project from/for my demo reel (56k beware)

Hello, here is another animation that i was working on For my demo reel, there is a chase between a missle and a F-15, kind of like Behind enemy lines. How do you think it looks??
Brian

BTW... Good enough for Gallery?

user added image user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 20-02-2003 , 05:36 AM
Subscriber
Good enough? lol Brian, These are so Photorealistic, I got into a fight with my friend because he didnt believe me you did that in maya user added image

-Emo

# 3 20-02-2003 , 12:54 PM
OMG!

<- speechless...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 20-02-2003 , 01:24 PM
here is my intro demo reel test, with one of many camera shots of the Eagle for my demo reel. It is rendering as we speak, and this is just the Playblast (3.8 mb) Indeo. THanks!!
Brian

Playblast.avi

Please check
My (old) website!
# 5 22-02-2003 , 04:29 AM
uh....dude....that just plain rocks!!!......excellent.....just awesomeuser added image

# 6 23-02-2003 , 02:49 AM
thats it! i quit at maya!user added image

# 7 23-02-2003 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
No, no! These are the examples that we want to attain...baby steps...at least for me.

awesome work!

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 8 23-02-2003 , 03:19 AM
haha.. im just joking. im not going to quit. I should have added a user added image instead of a user added image after i typed that.. I guess a big flaw of chatting on the internet is not being able to use tone of voice and body expressions. instead we have to use smileys:p

# 9 23-02-2003 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
That's true.

I knew you were joking though.... user added image

You're a member of this forum!!user added image

# 10 23-02-2003 , 03:52 AM
You guys are funny. user added image But guess what?? I have part of it rendered!! When I go to work I will try to upload it to my site, so that I can link to it here. I would like to see what you think. But.. If you can, check out my F-18 under Finnished work, it is comming along alot better than the F-15, Just need to ad a better pic in a while. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 23-02-2003 , 02:15 PM
Did you model the airplanes yourself or are you using stock models? Great renderings by the way!

# 12 23-02-2003 , 02:51 PM
Subscriber
WOW!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 13 23-02-2003 , 05:44 PM
Basura3d

Hello. I wanted to let you know that I have been working with different cad programs for almost 4 years now. When I model stuff to scale, I usually use a different program, mostly Microstation. It really depends on what I am modeling. But I did create this model. Seing as how I made it almost 2 yrs ago, it really isn't that good of a model. I am having tons of problems trying to get it ready for render. Takes alomst 3 min a frame to render it! Its not even that complicated of a model to render. If you take a look at my F18 Blue angel thread, I think that is a much better model than this one, it takes less than 30 sec to render a frame with Raytracing a GI_Joe. Plus this was my quickest model to make so far, did the whole thing this weekend, Except I have only gotter about 4.5 hrs of sleep since fri night user added image user added image It is mainly modeled in Maya, and It is mainly Nurbs, except for the inside of the cocpit.

THanks,
Brian

BTW, I to started to Model a Harrier last year. I didn't get very far, but I do have the inside of the Cocpit and a couple of other things modeled. IF you would like to use them for reference or anyhting for your Project just PM me, and I can get a scene file ready for you.

Please check
My (old) website!
# 14 23-02-2003 , 08:32 PM
Brian... Thx for the offer... But I think I would be tempted to use that instead user added image

What I would like to do is take a look at it after I'm done with my Harrier. Interesting to see how 2 ppl make the same things with different aproaches...

Your models are awesome! Even for being an old model it's awesome. Most of my old stuff is lowpoly so it's nothing I could use now...

Another thing... I envy you being able to work with stuff for a whole weekend! Between work and girlfriend I only get a couple of hours each week for playing around with 3d... Lucky guy! user added image

# 15 23-02-2003 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
Originally posted by Basura3d

Another thing... I envy you being able to work with stuff for a whole weekend! Between work and girlfriend I only get a couple of hours each week for playing around with 3d... Lucky guy! user added image

Heh heh....wait till you get married!