Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 91 24-01-2006 , 10:25 AM
petite is good user added image

must be the angle then user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 92 26-01-2006 , 05:25 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL Cool Tick...

okay an update. Im about to start putting in detail on the arms, legs and a little on the body(rib cage and clavicles and rear shoulder blades on the back) but am going to keep it as soft as possible and not skinny and veiny like Angelina Jolie if you catch my drift... edit: and some feet!!:bandit:

Cheers
Jay

user added image

# 93 26-01-2006 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
the forearm should be longer than the tricept/bicept or upper arm. at least same length

# 94 26-01-2006 , 06:39 PM
Jay....very nice surfaces, I gess you're a very neat guy in the real life.

Come on, more updates!

Animation ready! :attn:

# 95 26-01-2006 , 08:08 PM
Yeah thanks Vlad, although my reference says different...but need to add detail on those as I said so hopefully will make sense after.

darijo203 : Thanks, I will update as soon as I can

Cheers guys
Jay

# 96 26-01-2006 , 08:22 PM
Apologies Vlad, I just realise what I'd posted, it was an answer for somebody else on msn!! D'oh!!:headbang:

Yeah its a little short on the forearm indeed, I shall rectify it before adding the biceps detail etc

Jay

# 97 29-01-2006 , 11:04 AM
Morning Chaps!!

Updates, Arms have subtle detail as Im keeping them 'soft' so hoping the renders when its finished will do the job (eeek)

Also a start on the foot which I'll get finished today. Bit of a tough one deciding how to start this, it was either from a cube or straight from the geometry already there.

I chose from the already built geo as I think I would have ended up with to many terminated edges if it was a separate entity.

enjoy
Jay

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 98 29-01-2006 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber
i cant tell if the arms anatomy is fixed or not from this angle. but if you asy you are following a ref then ok. [maybe post your ref user added image and modeling pixel for pixel is not really ideal, it might translate differently in 3d.]
----

wow man, i need to start modelng like this, i could never do extrusion this clean or box model; i prefer poly by poly.
but this is a great base mesh. u can modify thisanatomy to fit easily into many more female typesuser added image

# 99 29-01-2006 , 12:48 PM
Hey Vlad

Thanks, I'll post up meshes in a moment for comparison. I'm not posting the wife up though she may get upset (seriously).

Im surprised to hear that your a poly by poly guy!!user added image
I thought you were a box dude, anways your results are fine no matter.

Yeah I agree for the reuse of the mesh after this female is done. I'm currently doing a male one as well at work, which is a little easier to say the least.

Cheers
Jay

# 100 29-01-2006 , 09:31 PM
user added image

Not very good quality grab but you can see the difference now

Jay

# 101 03-02-2006 , 05:48 PM
Well as always my schedule didnt allow me to finish the foot when I said!!

Anyways spent some time during the week putting toes on, onto tweaking those, still need some extra shape on them and then off to the ankle to put some definition in there.

Later

Jay

user added image

# 102 07-02-2006 , 11:41 PM
Update.....working up the back to the shoulders area now

Jay

user added image

# 103 08-02-2006 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
That's looking really cool man, really s something to look up to. How far are you going to take this? Are you going to cloth her?

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 104 08-02-2006 , 03:30 AM
It may sound strange to compliment you on this being that its a model of a nude female and all, but the backs of the knees look excellent.

Dave

# 105 08-02-2006 , 08:38 AM
Hey Tim, Hey Dave

Thanks again for your kind words. Sorry for the delay in updates as Im balancing this with a 'work' character and a new tute for Simply Maya all at home as my daytime work time isnt allowing any room to do stuff there right now, so all is a bit jammo right now

Tim, yeah shes going to get clothes, its a rebuild of the girl model from my project that Ive been doing. Ive really sat back and looked at my work since christmas and the stuff Ive done was okay but I know where it needs to be so am redoing the very important characters details and lookwise before proceeding further with the project.

Dave, thanks dude hows it going? the rear of the legs are just 8 polys each thats all. I have just got a ton more reference to help this female character along, my wife has been very helpful, shes a good sport!!

Cheers til next time

Jay