Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-07-2017 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber

Cobra CB Radio

Just took a quick render of my wip, will finish off the cable tomorrow then I will work on the textures.
user added image

# 2 03-07-2017 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
Cables finished, now to texture and set up lights.
user added image

# 3 04-07-2017 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
Just working on my shaders now and then the LCD panel

user added image

# 4 05-07-2017 , 02:13 AM
Lifetime Member
Wow!! This is very nice!!! How'd you go about making the mesh on the handheld part? It's epic!

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 5 05-07-2017 , 08:55 AM
Subscriber

Wow!! This is very nice!!! How'd you go about making the mesh on the handheld part? It's epic!

Hi Yeti

Thanks bud, I had to scour the depth of youtube for a decent tut but below is a link of the method I used, had to tweak it a bit to get my desired result but wasn't too difficult. hopefully get the LCD screen and some textures done today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnl1hzRaiMY

# 6 05-07-2017 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Ok finished off the decals, LCD panel to do.
user added image

# 7 05-07-2017 , 10:59 PM
Bored but busy
Looks good! user added imageuser added image

# 8 06-07-2017 , 03:56 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Clocker, I have more or less done the LCD panel, just final tweaks and add IBL and maybe GI.

user added image

# 9 07-07-2017 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
Pretty much there on this project, sorted the noise out and added GI. This is a straight render from vray I was wondering if I should run some passes out to add some AO and a depth pass etc.
Thanks Mark

user added image

# 10 12-07-2017 , 06:56 PM
Lifetime Member
Couldn't see the one in the final thread but it looks really good, well done!

# 11 16-07-2017 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber
Very nice model - Good looking render.

For me the dials, cable and mouth peace look unfinished, shaders wise.
Is there a reason they are white ???

Looking at some ref (as I never seen one of these before) the dial are usually a chrome color with the mouth peace being Grey/Black over the different models, but could not find the one you modelled.

Again just its just what I think looking at it - The other shaders and model it self look spot on.

As for depth and AO - There is no harm rendering them out and playing with them as it would be good practice.

Tweety

# 12 17-07-2017 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
The mouth piece and dials are supposed to be light grey, the colour scheme is my own I just thought actual CB looked boring in all black I just wanted to funk it up and give it a bit of contrast between the radio and dials, that was my thinking but I suppose a bit chrome wouldn't go a miss.

Thanks for the critique

# 13 18-07-2017 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
I totally get you with tiring to funk it up but the dials, Floor and the cable all look the same color which is about 2/3 of the image. To me this is giving it a unfinished look as it almost looks like a clay render - which is a shame as the model looks spot on and the base is looking good. I also think the chrome would be a good look for the dials and who knows with the done maybe it will be enough to break up the scene.

But keep at it - your on a good path.