Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-02-2003 , 12:31 AM

two new problems... woo!

ok.. one problem is, i have fur attached to this incomplete model(just for testing) and the problem is, when i set the baldness to 0, the fur still shows up in the render view! This begins to be a problem when i try to paint some of the fur away so that its bald in those areas. Why is it doing this??

another problem i have, is with the ipr render. when i select the region for fine tuning.. the fur dissapears, even if i dont have the baldness not set to 0! Is there anyway to fix that?

somebody please help user added image

thanks!!

https://www.angelfire.com/apes/bmx1/help.JPG there is a picture of the problems :p

# 2 02-02-2003 , 12:54 AM
Not sure about the first one but i believe ipr doesn't support fur.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 02-02-2003 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber
IPR doesnt support fur, its just used to fine tune lighting and textures

just because you set the bladness to 0 doesnt mean there is no fur there, stupid i know, to have no fur either delete the fur altogether or set the density to 0
the baldness only affects how many interactive furs you see in the viewport user added image

dbirider: is that you in your avatar?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 02-02-2003 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
Well I DO use IPR to render my fur. But it is correct that the fine tune doesnt support fur. Quite annoying.

Kühl
# 5 02-02-2003 , 05:17 PM
thanks guys.. it sucks that ipr doesnt support fur. That would be pretty usefull. I guess ill just kkeep on messing around with fur untill i get everything to work the way i want.

Yeah Nem, thats me. I'm a bike freak. The only problem with that, is that i cant stop braking bones lately! :o

# 6 02-02-2003 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber
haha, ive nearly cracked my back in quite a few places before on my blades so i know what u mean user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com