Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-04-2004 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber

Making trees in maya

hello there!

First of all, if there is already thread on this topic, I apologize. But this is just a thing that is bugging me lately. So, I opened a new thread where hope I will find as much info as possible. But here few basic question:

1.) How would YOU make as realistic tree as posible
2) How to make a forest (huge amount of trees)
3) how to make a tree for modern and future games?

I know there is paint effect , but I'm not sure what would be the final result like, and how much freedom you have here?
I was thinking about the way to model a complex tree with branches and stuff, and then somwhow you particles to create leaves (or however they're called). if so, how exactly would I use those particles ?

And one final question: if you haven seen Warcraft 3 final cutscene, you can remember they made a forest. How did they do it?

So,if anyone has experience with realistic trees, please say something about it, maybe post some screenies so I can see what can I achive etc.

Cheers,
Sil-Valeor