Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-12-2007 , 03:10 PM

lock object

Hi,

I'm starting to get familiar with maya, although I have one problem that I cannot find in the documentation or by googling: how do I lock an object (eg. an image plane), so it's not possible to accidentally move it? There must be some simple way, but I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance

oscar

# 2 04-12-2007 , 04:04 PM
Sorry for replying on my own thread, but I think I found what I'm looking for: you simply right click on an object and from the "Action" menu pick "Template".

# 3 04-12-2007 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber
Yep that is one way to do it, another is to select it, and in the channel box select the translates,rotates and scales and right click>lock selected.

Chris

# 4 04-12-2007 , 05:24 PM
That is actually more what I was looking for. Thanks!

# 5 04-12-2007 , 10:03 PM
Lifetime Member
Also another way is to create a layer and add the object to that layer and set the layer to reference.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner