Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-12-2005 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber

help.

hello,

I've been following the ferrari tutorial and have got as far as mirroring my sub-d model to complete the body and have run into a bit of a problem and was hoping there was someone out there who may be able to help.

I am trying to attach the 2 parts of the front bumper together but after a short think Maya just spits out a poly rather than a sub-d with the message "Warning waitCursor stack empty". (see image)

has anyone encountered this problem before or does anyone know what it means? How can I sort it out?

All the other parts of the car are fine, no problems at all, but this is driving me to despair and I really don't want to make the bumper again.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-12-2005 , 11:57 AM
try hitting the 3 hotkey this will increase the display resolutionn like on NURBS objects

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 16-12-2005 , 11:58 AM
nevermind that.. I cant read user added image ..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 16-12-2005 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
thats actually the better way to attatch a subD surface. convert it to poly, combine the polys and merdge the verts going down the middle, then turn the poly into a subD again.
it looks like a few of your edges running down the middle of the bunper are not welded together. u should merdge them.

also double check your normals.
user added image

# 5 16-12-2005 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tips. I converted the sub-d to a poly and then joined the 2 halves. It seemed to work but I have lost a little detail, it'll be a lot less work to fix that than to build a whole new bumper. I am still none the wiser as to why it did not let me mirror then attach the sub-d though.

Thanks again,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails