Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-07-2004 , 05:45 PM

Trimmed-surfaces Nightmare!

Ok, so I made a really complex model out of NURBS, and trimmed the surfaces to get the form I'm after - and now I am having a 'mare trying to project textures onto the surface!

The model is a flip-phone, so the idea is to use bump maps to give depth to the keys, and then project the brand logo etc. onto the various regions. Sounds easy enough right? Well, I thought so too, but the model looks no different to a couple of hours ago - which means it isn't going to plan...

Anyone have a decent tutorial to demo how to project a transparent graphic onto a surface with a solid/course colour? Example: a raised 'Nokia' logo drawn in black onto a transparent .tif (with a corresponding bump map .tif) & the plastic component remaining silver.

Cheers!