Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-09-2005 , 12:51 PM

Label On a bottle

I've been modeling a glass bottle and I want to put a label on it, i'm getting very confused at the moment on how to do it.

What i've done so far is created a blinn with the glass properties that im after so that looks fine I now want to add my scanned in label to the bottle which i've been trying to do via a layered texture but it goes horribly wrong and just makes the bottle black (the same colour as the label) when I try this.

If I create a new material and just use the label as the colour property I can place it fine but I then cante get the glass for the rest of the bottle.

Any help would be great as I'm going round and round in circles at the moment!

cheeers

# 2 04-09-2005 , 02:13 PM
Don't use a layered texture, use a layered SHADER. (or even use a stencil)

Check out both in the docs, and they are pretty straight forwarduser added image

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 04-09-2005 , 02:47 PM
a ha!! thanks for that i'll give it a go!!

# 4 04-09-2005 , 06:30 PM
No problemuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com