Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-08-2014 , 10:35 AM

changing hotkeys for vertex,edge,face in mac keyboard?

Hi,

MY imac has that small keyboard where you have to press fn+f8 etc instead of just f8 to get to component mode or select faces, etc. I tried changing the hotkeys for f8,f9,f10,f11 (mode, vertex, edge, faces) in the hotkey editor to shift+f8 instead but couldnt find the category these are in. Can someone point me in the right direction/category?

# 2 12-08-2014 , 02:09 PM
Window - Settings/preferences - Hotkey Editor

Im guessing it should be there somewhere, have a look there user added image

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 3 12-08-2014 , 02:36 PM

Window - Settings/preferences - Hotkey Editor

Im guessing it should be there somewhere, have a look there user added image

yeah, like i said, i cant find it there, hence, was asking for a category to look into. I personnaly checked all and cant find it. Surely, i missed it but hoping someone here can tell me where it is.

# 4 02-09-2014 , 05:48 AM
You can go to the user tab at the hotkey editor and create your own. Try and find out in your script editor what commands that popup when you use fn+f8/f9 etc, write them down and choose new hotkeys for theese commands in the user hotkey editor tab

Sorry about that previous reply man, Didnt think that one through

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 5 03-09-2014 , 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
In the Hotkey Editor where you input the assigned keystroke there is a little arrow to the right of the input box, click it and select f10 for example. Once that pops up in the input field, click the "find" button below. It finds and highlights whatever command is assigned and highlights the category.

- Genny