Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-04-2006 , 12:58 PM

Source Code for Ice Ray v0.0.1

Well, people, I decided that I'll go ahead and release my source code for my raytracer, IceRay. This is mostly for any programmers here to comment and criticize it.

Well, nothing too interesting now, but today the featurelist will grow.

Right now the featurelist includes:
Diffuse Shading
Reflection
Point Lights
Area Lights
Soft Shadows
Supersampling

Just a note- if anyone wants to look and comment on my code w/e or just to use it in their own program, thats fine too. like I said, plz take the time to review my code if you can.

You can use this code for whatever you might want to do. Oh, except to sell it. Thats about it. But please, if you can c++ program, can you take a sec to look over it, tell me what I am doing right and what I am doing wrog?

Here's an image produced by it.
user added image

In the .zip file is a .exe (which is my raytracer), and some files called QuickCg. This is the codebase I use for putting colors on the screen.

Also, to use this, you need the Bloodshed Dev C++ compiler https://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html, which is free, and also you need the sdl library - www.libsdl.org.

Also, you need the SDL.dll file (which you can get from the libsdl website, which you need to put into your c:\windows\system32 files).

If you have a question or comment, you can either PM me or leave my a message at this thread. Also, you can request my Email, but, most likely, I wont give it to you :p

Attached Files
File Type: zip iceray v0.0.1.zip (56.5 KB, 232 views)

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Last edited by MattTheMan; 17-04-2006 at 08:31 PM.
# 2 23-04-2006 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber
Glad to see you're coming along in c++. I would comment on the code but I don't do that language.

I like Borland's Delphi. Turbo Pascal code. Does anybody else here do Delphi? It'd be nice to talk "Delphi" with someone else lol.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 3 23-04-2006 , 09:23 AM
Used to use Delphi in the first year of uni, then went on to boreland C++

# 4 23-04-2006 , 11:57 AM
well I decided to scrap that raytracer (#4 gone down the drain) and start writing a photon mapper, and I will post the code when I get a reasonable photon mapper working.

Also my new feature will be a Balanced KD or BSP tree, which is a space partitioning algorithm that stores and retreives stuff throughout the 3d scene by dividing it up into little boxes, depending on the density of objects, or of a mesh.

And, I haven't got a clue about Delphi user added image

l8er,
Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live