Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-05-2004 , 07:49 PM

Animating IK

Hi,

I am using Maya 5.0 Unlimited, student copy. I am trying to animate motions using IK handles. The handles work okay, but when I try to keyframe movements, it seems to forget the previous position. I added keyframs at 0 and before I began the movement for the starting position. Once I set the keyframe for the movement, all preceding positions are forgotten until I grab the IK handle of the keyframed IK and move it again, it will jump back into position - until I hit playback, then it jumps imediately back to the poisition I had moved it to, but not the starting poisition. Gosh, I hope this makes some sense to someone! lol

I have included a pic of the before (fig1) and after (fig2) adding the IK movement and keyframe...I underlined the keyframes. Is there some step that I am forgetting? Please help! I need to finish this project this week, and so far it is looking grim! user added image

Attached Thumbnails

~ambriel
reporter: www.ianstorm.com
# 2 24-05-2004 , 08:00 PM
I understand the phenominon...
it's happined to me twice but usualy goes away after restarting maya....

i've only seen this glitch in 4.5
but maybe it's history

im sorry i could'nt help but im not a pro only a newbee!?
user added image

MY MAYA SYSTEM
---------------------
1.7 Ghz Intel Pentium
3.0 GB of RAM DDR 333
128 MB NVIDIA Ti 4600
---------------------
I know it's not a realy great system
but it gets the job done....