Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 22-11-2002 , 07:46 AM
Subscriber

Shaders

Great Shading Networks Phillip.....Two thumbs up!!

"Hast dich ja schnell in MAYA eingearbeitet...Hut ab !!"

b u l l e t

# 17 22-11-2002 , 08:42 AM
Subscriber
Hot damn! That was cool! The water.... is the M4.5 dynamic fluids? Wow... user added image

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 18 22-11-2002 , 02:56 PM
just to set things straight; this was rendered in LightWave.
sorry if we got you thinking it was maya.

so the water is obviously not fluid dynamics : )) just a plane (more or less) with some animated procedural displacement map.
the trick is to stretch it a little in the direction the water is running, move it in this direction and a tiny bit up over time.
it took only 30 minutes to set up (the water).

as soon as I know how to export the cave mesh with it's weight maps (used for teh glow) to maya, I'm likely to run tests there to finally animate the penguins in maya... wish me luck : )

# 19 22-11-2002 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
Wow, that water looks so realistic for 30 minutes work. A sign of a great animator. Nice job

Steven C.
# 20 22-11-2002 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
WOW!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!