Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-03-2004 , 03:20 AM

CPU Temperature

Hey everyone....I just got my new system a few days ago it's a...... P4 2.8 800Mhz FSB with HT. I just wanted to know if anyone knows what the general temperature for the CPU is. Mine runs at about 35C-45C when idle and when I run Maya or do something hectic it shoots to about 55C almost 60C! Is that too hot or is that normal for the processor speed???

# 2 17-03-2004 , 07:59 AM
Lifetime Member
hi Main..I have the same processor and it also runs at around 34 - 40 C on average... it can run at 55C quite comfortably but it gets a bit hairy when I do about 10 renders in a row.If you are worried or suffer overheating problems I suggest you install a couple of extra cooling devices, case fans are very cheap and well worth the effort.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 17-03-2004 , 05:01 PM
maybe get a bigger fan for your cpu and make sure it has a good heat sink cream.

# 4 17-03-2004 , 05:08 PM
Hey guys thanx for the advice. I reckon I will try and invest in some fans on the side of my case aswell as a bigger cpu fan. Thanx. I feel alot better knowing that those temps are pretty normal.

-------------------------------------------