Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-05-2004 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber

Sword tutorial...

Hi,
I downloaded the "Sword texturing" tutorial a long time ago.
Now I come back to it, I cannot find the "Model scene" (the curves and handle etc)
Could you please tell me if they came zipped with the tutorial (In which case I have lost them) or are they elsewhere on the site? [Not found them myself so-far]

Regards Scraggy

# 2 08-05-2004 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
Ok - I realize now - there is a modelling tutorial - also - they are included with the texturing one.... Scraggy delete post if u want

# 3 10-05-2004 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
Ok - I'm glad you did not delete the post because I am trying my best to follow along without the files....

I have modelled the sword reasonably well, but now I'm onto texturing part 1 - This calles for a "Blank Tiff" file - Now because I don't have the textures supplied with the tutorial - I have been using my own... BUT the silver shader is not showing through enough... It may be because i made my "Blank" "Tiff" wrong...

I have tried twice creating in Photoshop - 1st one had a white background and the second had a transparent background...
But it still seems wrong? any iseas how to create a blank "Tiff" like in the tutorial?

Regards Scraggy

(I think I will try with a black background and see what happens)