Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 01-09-2003 , 07:03 PM
Cooluser added image

And GREAT points Nataliia!

I personally LOVE the HP series, and I am going to buy the full box set of movies for ADL and Mike when it is doneuser added image
Booohahahahaha! user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 32 01-09-2003 , 07:07 PM

Originally posted by ragecgi
I personally LOVE the HP series, and I am going to buy the full box set of movies for ADL and Mike when it is doneuser added image

Thanks mate! :p
Those should help me in though economic times, as another sucker will buy them from me.

# 33 01-09-2003 , 09:09 PM
Somthing funny about making the Hemls Deep battle.

It was made in some software called MASSIVE, that allows you to create sides and the fighting kinda happen's automaticly. When they tested this, the good guys started to fight the bad guys.....then the bad guys run away.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 34 01-09-2003 , 09:43 PM

Originally posted by adldesigner
Thanks mate! :p
Those should help me in though economic times, as another sucker will buy them from me.

DAM! hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 35 03-09-2003 , 09:14 PM
I liked 1 2 and 3, but 4 was just a bit too repetativeuser added image
I didn't bother with 5, have heard it is mediocre. does it twist away from the standard harry potter plot? should I read it?

# 36 04-09-2003 , 05:42 AM
well, back to LOTR, ROTK. i CANT WAIT! it looks awsome.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 37 04-09-2003 , 09:06 AM
sooo... boromir takes the ring... they all go to visit sauron, boromir kills sauron by brute force... hes so stupid he doesnts even notice the whole comunity of the ring stabbing him on the back aferwards... they throw the body with the ring still on its finger to the volcano... end of book at page 90... user added image (what tolkien did was a marketing trick to sell 3x600 pages booksuser added image)

# 38 04-09-2003 , 09:26 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by ragecgi
Cooluser added image

And GREAT points Nataliia!

boobies

# 39 04-09-2003 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber

sooo... boromir takes the ring... they all go to visit sauron, boromir kills sauron by brute force... hes so stupid he doesnts even notice the whole comunity of the ring stabbing him on the back aferwards... they throw the body with the ring still on its finger to the volcano... end of book at page 90... (what tolkien did was a marketing trick to sell 3x600 pages books)

Well the sun will go Super Nova in the future and the whole of mankind and planet Earth will be anihilated... so why wait let's all kill ourselves now since then we won't be able to read any more books or watch any more films when this happens...

Seeing as we are all gonna die anyway let's all just do it now and sod the wait!

God! It's only a story set in quasi-medieval world where you can loose yourself if you like that kinda thing - which I do. You've only got to look at some things in history to learn that things often repeat themselves - story telling included. We all know that Frodo & Co will win but it's how they do it that intrigues us - again if you like that sort of thing, I personally don't really like The Matrix...

I liked watching the making of ROTK cos it showed them using Maya to create this imaginary world - that's all... I just made me wanna get on with using Maya to create. Seeing as I will probably never work in this field at least the thought that I could makes me happy user added image

Anyway, when the world does blow up... perhaps that could be made into a story... oh, no it's already been done... let's do it anyway in a different way...

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 40 04-09-2003 , 12:57 PM
lol, it was a joke... man, i enjoyed reading LOTR... i did enjoyed matrix also, personally i just wouldnt have putted that much action and loads more of intrige/treachery/thinking (wich would have made a better story but it wouldnt been such a success...)

*near future*!!!!!!!?!? do you remember that sesame street episode when they explained the difference between near and far? user added image

the only thing i say is that if you look at history, it has more in common with Dune(in the the dinamics of power/war/echonomy/religion etc...) than with any other fantasy/sci-fi book...

Have you read Dune? its a book written on 1962, and its a by far a richer book than most fantasy/scifi, and i can see it spawned the seeds for lots of newer sci-fi storys... il tellya a lil bit on its background (before the book starts)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, when the world does blow up... perhaps that could be made into a story... oh, no it's already been done... let's do it anyway in a different way...
---------------------------------------------------------------
lol, well in the dune setting they already did some nuclear anihilation some thousand years ago... (now they still have some nuclear weapons but there are rules on how and when to use em ,and as they are a oligopoly if one breaks the law the others would fry him)
-----------------------------------------------
also they had problems with a machine takeover kinda terminatorĀ“s skynet/matrix...
yet they survived and now they have strict ban on construction of thinking machines...(they have drug induced mentats able to solve almost any math/decision taking problem...)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by dragonfx; 04-09-2003 at 01:11 PM.
# 41 04-09-2003 , 01:13 PM
btw the kubrik movie of dune was ok... but if you saw the tv series forget you did and read the book...

# 42 04-09-2003 , 02:50 PM
Wow, ok those are realy long post which i am guessing are nonsencical.

Ohh, and btw, i think that a 90 page book would have sucked. The one Tolekn wrote i amazing! And also... its not 3x600 page books. The official copy is 1024 pages, no including apendexs.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 43 04-09-2003 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber
>>Wow, ok those are realy long post which i am guessing are nonsencical.

Steady with the insightful analysis.user added image

# 44 04-09-2003 , 05:12 PM
I bought it on paperback a loooong time ago... long before it was fashionable to say you liked LOTR.. and all the editions were 3 books

lol, true, those are 5 min nonsensical random rants, a form like any other to disconnect from the books,(i dont want to call someone, or turn the tv or start maya, or a game ... as i know i would spend hours instead of 5 minutes) two exams left, last one on sunday at 16:30h, then ill return to normality (and you right now should be guessing if that is good or baduser added image)

btw "SURRENDER! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! YOU WILL READ DUNE!"

Last edited by dragonfx; 04-09-2003 at 05:29 PM.
# 45 05-09-2003 , 04:02 PM
1 done 1 to go... also 3 parties refused today... I know noone has interest on reading it, but thats the point...user added image i have enogh ppl reminding me theres a world otside right now... tomorrow ill be free!...