Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 31-10-2002 , 02:45 PM

Republican gunship animation/matchmove (4 sec)

Here is another test, very short, did not render out shadow pass just because it was a test. please let me know what you think thanks for your help. THis one is going to be over a min long when it is finnished. All camera shots have been taken and tracked, I have a shot story for it. THanks,
Brian

https://www.geocities.com/brian_ellebracht/comp2.avi

right click and save as

# 2 31-10-2002 , 03:03 PM
link seems to be down grr..
To many people are trying to download these at once, is there any where else anyone knows where I can put these online? they are only a few Mg (4 or less) each. Thanks, Sorry,
brian

# 3 31-10-2002 , 03:28 PM
# 4 31-10-2002 , 04:02 PM
here is a still shot atleast

# 5 31-10-2002 , 04:12 PM
Kevin
I will look tonight mate from home...

# 6 31-10-2002 , 07:32 PM

# 7 31-10-2002 , 07:45 PM
the ship doesn't cast any shadow on the road??!!

-KeOpS-
# 8 31-10-2002 , 07:48 PM
user added image user added image sorry, for got to render my ground plane, it's just a use background shader, kind of look like the image i am attaching (this is an even earlier version, so the lighting is really bad sorry...
Brian

# 9 01-11-2002 , 04:59 AM
:wow:
This is realy great man
This is the kind of work you need when you seeking a job
it shows ur abilities in modeling,texturing,lightning/rendering(need somes tweaks as u say)and comp.!

-KeOpS-
# 10 01-11-2002 , 09:30 AM
Kevin
Right mate as with the other anim, I have put this on our server for you so you people can have a look at this... again its great work mate..

I really enjoyed this one and look forward to more.

https://www.acewebdesign.co.uk/kev/comp2.avi

# 11 01-11-2002 , 01:22 PM
Thanks again for your help guys. Honestly, I didn't model the gunship. I was working with Bruno Parillo, he was working on the republican gunship for this animation. I think he is also working on a droid ship for this animation, for a chase scene, not sure. I am also currenty working on an animation involving a pod race, going down Highway 270. Its comming along ok, I am using the tutorial on Highend3d for the dynamice constraints, on the pods, its working quite well. I was thinking about making my own pod racer instead of the Star Wars ones, out of like modern day jet engines, or even prop engines, and the pod being a motorcycle or something, kind of like a modern day pod racer. Let me know what you think, thanks for your input,
Brian

This final Republican Gunship animation will be about 1 min long.

Hopefully done by the end of next week, Most of the time I get to work on this is between 11 at night and 3-4 in the morning.

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 01-11-2002 at 01:25 PM.
# 12 05-12-2002 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
how did you do the interpolation of shadow to scene? i havent figured that out yet

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 13 05-12-2002 , 03:02 AM
Subscriber
wow!!! I used to live in St.Louis for 2 years!! (I didnt like it though! user added image )

you should make it a bit longer but this an awsome start..

and where is the shadow in the movie?

-Emo

# 14 05-12-2002 , 03:03 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
Right mate as with the other anim, I have put this on our server for you so you people can have a look at this... again its great work mate..

I really enjoyed this one and look forward to more.

https://www.acewebdesign.co.uk/kev/comp2.avi

Kevin, for some reason I could open his animation but not yours... yours gave me an error... are you sure its' the same file?

-Emo

# 15 05-12-2002 , 10:39 AM
another thing you should do is to create some geomtry so that the ship goes behind the lamp-post on the right coz at the moment it goes infrom of it, which makes the ship look really small