Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-05-2012 , 01:03 AM

Maya 2012 UTE issues

Ok so I have been loading images onto my texture shader to use on a poly plane for a background plate to be seen through the windows of my scene.

For some reason, regardless of the resolution of the photo(from 600 x 600 or so- over 1280-2480, etc), the image is blurred on the poly plane. No problem right? Go to the UTE and you'll be fine.

When I load the UTE up, there are multiple repeating patterns of a blurred pattern, you quite literally see the mosaics of it all.

I tried making a new texture shader, and even different sized files thinking that the res could be too low. I also tried resizing the UV in UTE. No luck.

Any ideas? Is the texture shader broken?

Oh, btw, when I render it, the image appears ok. but not so great if I was trying to place it specifically. Thank god it's just a background plate...right?

# 2 04-05-2012 , 07:13 PM
The thin red line
Not sure what UTE is, have you re projected the UVs that might fix it..............dave