Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-06-2009 , 08:20 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Create a 3d scanner for less than

david-laserscanner.com/
This is an easy way to make a 3d scanner from only a webcam and a laser level
If you cant be bothered reading the manuals or documentation to see how it works, heres a video explaining the process (TBH it would probably simpler to watch this first, so you can see how it all works)
https://revision3.com/systm/laserscan

Sadly I cant try it because the USB ports on my pc dont work (its a laptop and a hardware fault user added image )

Not sure if it would be useful or not but when I have some more free time ill borrow a mates laptop and give it a go, it should at least be a fun distraction

# 2 06-06-2009 , 03:27 PM
Technical Director
It works quite well if you have a good webcam. It can also read avi files, so you can record a higher resolution video using a digital camera, camcorder, etc. Pretty much the less noise the better, otherwise you'll get unusable data out.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 15-06-2009 , 03:40 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Ive had a go but didnt have any luck fusing separate scans.

heres what i got ( dont ask me what it is because I have no idea)
user added image

I also scanned a storm trooper but that failed miserably