Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 91 12-12-2006 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber
shoulder length is usually 3 heads wide [2 3/4 oftern ]
but i dont think its noticeable.
i do wish the face had more character. he is so bulk, and the face looks so whimsical
i also notice he is "sans" nipples user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 12-12-2006 at 10:55 AM.
# 92 12-12-2006 , 11:08 AM
Wow! It has totally come together nicely! Looks friggin awesome! No crits here, I just can't wait to see more progress!

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 93 12-12-2006 , 12:06 PM

just a back note on the head size

Iwas just looking at the two heads and thought it might be worth adding my two cents ... classic greek 8 heads to a human ... reality 6 ish to 8 ish i guess its about how tall your character is agaist the norm if he is tall then the 8 heads would be excelent if he was going to short then the 7 or so would be good ... i think Conan was suposed to be a "Pict" (early tribal UK ... small people , painted themselves blue ... druids and that ) its your model i dont know what you want, dont think there realy was a conan anyway looks great boys dont realy have any need for nipples any way:p

"Climbing the walls of the 'Uncanny Valley"
# 94 13-12-2006 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
Thx for the comments guys. Yes, with the new head the proportions are 1/7th of the hight, and just about 1/3 shoulder length. I tried reshaping the head (using the scaling tool hehe) and get closer to 1/8th while maintaining the 2.5/3 head to shoulder ratio to see what it would look like from a proportions point of view and it just didnt do it for me. Anyway, I think i'll leave it as is (at least for now, until i get to the eyebrow/lashes and potentiall hair or a helet or both).

I am working on one more piece of armor for the bracelet and after that is weapons time.

Texturing is very basic at this point as you can see. From a distance the SSS looks good, but its missing a bump map to enchance the look. So lots of work in this dept. Texturing is not my forte.

I should have taken art in college instead of math...hehe.

# 95 14-12-2006 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
I got the eye lashes out of the way, you can't really see them this far away but they do frame out the eyes a bit better than before. I added the forearm armor pieces. I like a lighter color than the leather used everywhere else. I also thought of some kind of metal color, but havent really played with the textures much at all. I am not sure what kind of relief or whatnot I put on top of it so that its not so plain. Anyway, moving along, next is definitely the sword.

Attached Thumbnails
# 96 15-12-2006 , 03:12 PM
Subscriber
i really love the proportions man.
i still think the head is not as good as the body. i would probably give him more character.
you need to add nipps on his breast. it looks odd without them.
his legs are a little thin imo.

nice work.
theres always more tweaking man, dont just move to armor or sword yet.
user added image

# 97 15-12-2006 , 03:17 PM
Holy crap nice work. Your like a pro man. Good job on texturing and modeling. It looks perfect. Are you planning on animating it? Or what?

https://zoharblur.deviantart.com/
# 98 19-12-2006 , 03:24 AM
Subscriber
Thx for the comments guys.

Vlad, I looked at modeling the nipples but didnt think it worth it. Will use bump map and color map to get the effect. This image below only has it painted. I haven't even applied the bump map yet. You were right about it though, it does add quite a bit of realism. I did the specular color map for the skin, next will be the diffuse/color maps, and finally the bump.

I fooled around with the head to see what I could come up with. But the changes, mainly to the eyebrow section, were barely noticable from so far away, so I either make some significant changes to the shape or it just wont be worth it. I may get back to it, and perhaps I can add some lines with the bump maps that will be visible. I'll see.

Attached Images
# 99 19-12-2006 , 03:36 AM
Acid44
all i can say is give him a weapon make him look meaner and its perfect

:bow: where its at right now its amazing though:bow:

# 100 19-12-2006 , 03:38 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by Zohar0
It looks perfect. Are you planning on animating it? Or what?

hehe make it fight an angry tribe of smurfsuser added image

EDIT: or the guy in tweetytunes' avatar

Last edited by Acid44; 19-12-2006 at 03:42 AM.
# 101 19-12-2006 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
Well done on the nips.

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 102 19-12-2006 , 04:33 AM
Subscriber
Hey Minstrel, I still remember when you just started the body and look at it now...love the work you do man. dont really have any crits atm since i really like the model. I think that you should animate this character and it will look fantastic user added image

marlon.j

Last edited by marlonjohn; 19-12-2006 at 04:46 AM.
# 103 21-12-2006 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
An update on the textures.

Attached Thumbnails
# 104 22-12-2006 , 10:30 PM
Subscriber
More tweaking on the arms, SSS, armor, and textures.

Attached Images
# 105 23-12-2006 , 03:59 AM
hmmm... not sure about this latest skin color, is it just me or is he looking a little orange?

Also, I am still not sure about his boots. They just still seem to look like socks with big cuffs at the top. Sorry to go on mate - no one else seems bothered about them so you might just want to ignore me.:blush:

Keep at it mate.user added image