Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-04-2005 , 11:55 AM
Subscriber

Deep sea jelly...

Hi all!

Well, I haven't posted anything here for a pretty long time now.

I don't do too much Maya stuff anymore, as I'm more into comping and motion graphics these days, and this thing here came about more or less by accident while I was working on something completely different.

I just gave it a quick go, and here it is.

BTW: It's not based on any existing animal (far too exagerated, I know).

You can watch the clip here: https://www.slashcafe.com/clips/jellyfish_final.avi

Would like to hear your comments.

Attached Thumbnails

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 2 18-04-2005 , 01:31 PM
I like the shader, looks very cool. How did you do that? Animated noise?

# 3 18-04-2005 , 03:11 PM
Subscriber
Hehe...I knew that someone would come up with that question.

It's not really a shader...

Actually, that's what I meant when I said that I was working on something completely different. I was doing some stuff in Combustion when I kinda got bored and started to stack all kinds of animated effects and filters on top of the animated texture I was working on.

Then, at some point, I looked at it and had to think of cold, slimey things - and so I did just that.

It's an animated, looping texture, not more. Happened more or less by accident...

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 4 18-04-2005 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
damn thats cool, very nice work!

First year 3D Grad