Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-01-2012 , 06:20 PM
Lifetime Member

I want to make glowing eyes

I have been designing robot for a while now and i want his eyes to glow green like he has power but nothing i do works can anybody give me a tutorial

# 2 23-01-2012 , 07:04 PM
Here is a basic glow effect but as far as i know, glow effects in maya requires fine tweaks and settings. Did you try increasing glow intensity value? Select material, under Special Effects tab you will see Glow Intensity. Increase the value...

# 3 23-01-2012 , 08:45 PM
Lifetime Member
Glow is best achieved post production in a compositing app since you have more control over it.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 23-01-2012 , 09:44 PM
Yea thats what i knew about glows. But what about animation? Is there a technical reason behind Maya being weak in glows effects? I always see the same results in different projects.

# 5 23-01-2012 , 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
Maya's glow may not be the best solution because for whatever reasons there is only one glow shader in any given scene (if you open hypershade its one of the default render nodes that Maya creates on scene creation). That is why all the glows look the same, they pretty much share one master control. Also the glow will be 'baked' into the image, so if it looks like crap or changes need to be made, you'll have to re-render.

- Genny