Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-07-2004 , 07:48 PM

The history/development of Maya

Hullo all-

I somehow feel like getting help from you guys is cheating...but i don't think it is? :ermm:

I'm supposed to write a paper on 'related research' to my summer internship- I plan on doing some research into Maya (and possibly Alias?) and it's research/development/usage/etc.
Off the top of your head(s), know of any quick references for that kind of Maya info? Books or sites or random facts, although i may run into trouble quoting a message board user added image .
Also, actually, i want to look into other competitors for Maya and discuss elements that are different....so if anything comes to mind!

thanks!
-katie

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe

Last edited by Kaydray; 20-07-2004 at 08:06 PM.
# 2 20-07-2004 , 08:05 PM
The Maya Mountain

# 3 21-07-2004 , 06:21 PM
hmm, history of maya development would be kinda quirky to find. how about writing a history on 3d computer animation? theres a book called "Art of 3d computer animation and imaging".. gives you a history of whats been happening the past 30 years, even tells you which program was developed first, who first developed this feature and all that good stuff.

# 4 21-07-2004 , 08:03 PM
not a bad idea...i'll look into.

thanks for the suggestions to both of ya!
-katie

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe
# 5 30-07-2004 , 03:13 AM
Check "Maya 5 Fundamentals". The introduction chapter has a pretty good overview of the develoment and evolution of Maya, Alias and Wavefront.

Good luck on your paper.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 6 19-08-2004 , 09:59 PM
Technical Director
Well I know back in the day, alias bought wave front. ergo it was called Alias | Wavefront.

I wonder why they dropped the wavefront part. hmmm.... :ermm:

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 7 19-08-2004 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
actually alias never bought wavefront. SGI bought both and merged them together.

# 8 20-08-2004 , 02:31 PM
Technical Director
oh. my bad. :o

Imagination is more important than knowledge.