Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-11-2005 , 02:06 AM

buying a pc in toronto, ontario

hello everyone...hopefully some of you are familiar with the toronto area and can help me out....i'm kind of new to the city (i'm going to IADT) and was looking to buy a new pc but have no idea where i could get the best deal (i'm a student so i REALLY don't want to spend more than i have to)

can you recommend a place to buy from?....i need a new or refurbished desktop pc......want to spend approx $500-600 (of course that number always seems to go up when we actualy purchase)...no monitor or cd/dvd drive is required......the hd can be relatively small...anywhere between 40-80 gigs)....only thing i absolutely need is 1gig of ram and between a 2-3gigahertz processor
any help would be appreciated..thanks a lot

# 2 05-11-2005 , 06:12 AM
Sorry I live 3 hours away -- no clue. BUT if you want to price -- there's a website I have https://www.mysterybyte.com

This is a good example of what a brick'n'mortar store SHOULD charge for parts. Maybe a bit cheaper in Toronto because that website's based in Halifax so it costs a bit more to ship there.

Last edited by Phopojijo; 05-11-2005 at 06:14 AM.
# 3 06-11-2005 , 12:23 AM
Technical Director
Well there's a place at Younge+Eglinton called "PC Village Outlet". Awsome prices. Most things about $60 or lower.

Let me explain...

Outlet: 512 MB DDR-SDRAM $50
Future Shop: 512 MB DDR-SDRAM $200

I'll let you do the math user added image

Also, cruise by Collage St. Hundreds of computer stores there.

Hope this helps mate!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 06-11-2005 at 12:26 AM.
# 4 06-11-2005 , 12:57 AM
Thanks a lot to both of you....
Nextdesign...wow..i've never heard of this place..i'm gonna go check it out ASAP and also go by college street....again thanks!

# 5 06-11-2005 , 03:31 PM
Technical Director
No problem mate. What part of toronto are you about if its so bold of me asking?

# 6 06-11-2005 , 03:38 PM
I actually live just outside of toronto..I live in north york...but I go to school in downtown toronto...I've been here a few months but i love it here

# 7 06-11-2005 , 09:19 PM
Technical Director
Ah cool. Well welcome user added image

You gone by alias yet? 106 King st. E

# 8 07-11-2005 , 05:02 AM
You mean "Autodesk:Alias" now? :p

Yea -- futureshop marks up because the computer shops buy bulk and futureshop buys market products (box, manual, etc.). Computer shops get just the components in a crate from some warehouse -- there was a time when I had access to that supply warehouse. Now I've moved though.

# 9 07-11-2005 , 06:58 PM
thanks for the toronto welcome, next design (what part do you live in?)...as for the alias....i'll hopefully be able to visit that soon...do you know if they do any tours there?...my school isn't far from there i don't think..(i'm right next to the roger's centre)

# 10 08-11-2005 , 12:15 AM
Technical Director
ah so your at Ryerson? No Alias dosn't allow tours of its building user added image. I live around the mid-town area.

# 11 08-11-2005 , 02:35 AM
nope...i'm not at ryerson.but i pass right by it when i use the subway ( i guess i go right under it...)...i'm actually studying computer animation at IADT in the CBC building...i'm starting to work on my demo reel...i'll be posting some WIP pretty soon..just have to get something started firstuser added image