Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-04-2004 , 09:09 PM

Fisrt Niced Airplane

This is mine first niced plane what i makeduser added image The plane . I had a question does any one know how i can make real texture on a Nurbs body?user added image

Cheers, Serhat

# 2 19-04-2004 , 10:52 PM
Nice work serhat!!

-------------------------------------------
# 3 19-04-2004 , 10:52 PM
Technical Director
OMG! That friggin wicked man! Looks better than the planes in Flight Sim. 2004! KEEP IT UP MAN!

-Peace

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 19-04-2004 , 10:57 PM
very nice, have you done a google search on burbs texturing? have you tried uv maping?

# 5 20-04-2004 , 05:26 AM
Thanx for the compliments, no i had not search at google but uv texturing is for polygon what i know rightuser added image ?

Cheers,
Serhat

# 6 20-04-2004 , 08:01 AM
UV mapping doesn't work with NURBS.
Instead what you do is separate the surfaces in rectangular parches (it's not like you have much of an option anyway, because NURBS are rectangular), then you simply create textures to apply to each rectangle or square. Which is why you probably want to have a bunch of smaller surfaces instead of a big surface encompasing most of the model.
You can paint the textures in photoshop or something, and to know where in the square you should put the different things that you want to draw (or where is up and where is down for example) you can use the 3D paint tool to draw some reference lines directly over the blank textures applied over your model in Maya and then open the picture with the reference lines in photoshop and work on a separate layer ontop of the lines.
To explain you how to use the 3D paint tool I would need a long time, and it's kinda late right now. So first see if you can find out about that looking in google, or I think there is actually a video tutorial in simplymaya about exactly that (I think mtmckinley did one, right?). Anyway, if you have any problem with that post some specific questions and I'lll see what I can explain.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 7 20-04-2004 , 08:49 AM
TERINGMOOI.JPG ??? user added image
looks very good man

# 8 20-04-2004 , 08:17 PM
Until i am waiting to open your picture i will say just this CONVERT it tu polygon user added image, oh i hate my internet connectionuser added image, clouds looks wery nice for now, i whill type how i like airplane when picture opens, ERROR, see ya tumorow user added image

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 9 21-04-2004 , 08:29 PM
I am almost finished with the body. Does any one know how i can make a coutch?user added image

Cheers,
Serhatuser added image

The Airplane

# 10 21-04-2004 , 10:08 PM
Ok mate I sow airplane now, realy nice model!! Is it nurb model?? Look`s like one

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 11 22-04-2004 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber
am i the only one that thought propellors were infront of the wing?

# 12 24-04-2004 , 12:15 PM
No this is a Special Airplane. But Does any one know an program or how i can export this airplane to Gmax (discreet).user added image ?

Cheers,
Serhat