Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-09-2006 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber

How install a downloaded MEL script?

Any id's. Oh yeah, I'm on a MAC!.
Where do I put them? I dwnldd the Bonus Tools update2 on the AREA site. But dunno where t drop them.
If YOU do, let me know!

Thx.
M.
Bonus Tools to be found here : https://area.autodesk.com/downloads/

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !
# 2 04-09-2006 , 01:02 AM
hmm maybe in the script folder in maya 8 bonus tool v1 ?

# 3 04-09-2006 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber

Errrr....

Not sure what you mean there.
Are you on a Mac? Where would that folder be then? On the HD>Applications>Alias>...
Or on the User>documents>maya>default>...?

I downloaded the 2nd update, but not the first, guess I don't need #1 if there's a #2 huh ?

Are many of you on Mac or are you all just PC guys?

Gr.
M.

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !
# 4 04-09-2006 , 03:30 PM
i'm on a window and here i put them on
C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts So probably, if there's a counter part of a main document folder somewhere in ur hd, there's also a folder that maya put in when u installed it. go in that folder, find the folder with the version no., go to scripts, paste that mel file and wala! Restart maya if u have it open, if not open it, open the writer thingy (where u write mel scripts) and then write the keywrods for that script(there is something like this that the programmer of the mel usually puts, it's a kleyphrade usually almost identical to the name of the script)onece it is written, drag it with your middle mouse button to the menus and a new menu will come out or in the shelf if it's a button. ask if u don't totally get me lol.

~The Computer Is A Moron~

Last edited by relikz; 04-09-2006 at 03:33 PM.
# 5 04-09-2006 , 03:52 PM
nope im on windose but this is how i did.
downloded v1 of bonus tools and installed it on c:/program/autodesk/maya/bonustools8
then i downloaded bonus tool v2 and put the file in
c:/program/autodesk/maya/bonustools8/scripts.

dont know if it was the same on mac but for windose update 2 vas just 1 melscript and version 1 was the file with all scripts etc well hope it helps :9