Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-11-2011 , 02:27 PM

Maya 2012 Having a real hard time with the joint tool

I have a real problem with Maya 2012 joint tool when i try to create a joint chain the bones are not represented right, they are not connecting the joints they are actually oriented at a 90 degrees angle. I took different measures to fix it in vain.. Did a preferences reset by deleting the prefs folder and let Maya create a new one, but no luck. i think the tool is at its default settings but i can be wrong . to describe this better i am joining pics of how the joints are represented and a screen capture of my joint tool settings

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 10-11-2011 , 03:17 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Create your joints from the side views not from the perspective view

# 3 11-11-2011 , 09:28 AM

I actually did

i created them on the side view..The persp view was just for description of my problem

# 4 20-12-2011 , 07:19 AM

still looking for a solution

i reinstalled MAYA but no success

# 5 20-12-2011 , 01:48 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
HI send me your scene I see If Something Is wrong with it

# 6 24-04-2012 , 09:58 PM
Hi! so what was the solution to the problem?? I'm having the same issue. Plus, my bones will not stay together when i try to move my ik handle.